Scanning of film strips

Status
Not open for further replies.

wee_ly

Mar 12, 2004
Singapore
weelyboleh.multiply.com
Hi,

Can anyone sugest to me how I can digitise the film strip without leaving a single detail of the film? I mean, I even want to have the sprocket holes along the film strip to be scanned too. Can I get it done using a dedicated film scanner (not a flatbed scanner)? If possible, kindly quote me the model of the dedicated scanner and what are the additional menthod I need to apply in order to achieve it.

Thank you for your time.

Weely

My answer is with regards to flatbed film scanners.
Yes, can be done. Most probably the scanner driver is set to autodetect the photos and display the preview as thumbnails by default. Just select to preview in normal mode, where you can marquee the area to scan by yourself.

wee_ly said:
Ok, thanks mate.
Hey do you mean that a flatbed can be as good as a Nikon EV 50D?

if the nikon scanner is a dedicated scanner, for sure it is much better than a flatbed scanner in the sense of the the scanned pictures quality when enlarged. i think so. can someone verify my reply, please?:(

Only way is to try for yourself. Take your filmstrips down to several brands' showroom and ask to try their scanners.
I'm sure you can bring your own thumbdrive to copy your scanned image to bring home for comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.