Scanning negatives to Photo CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leongfm

Feb 12, 2003
www.pbase.com
Hello

I have never scanned a negatives to digital images. Wondering how is the quality like? Is it comparable to those images straigtout from 6m DSLR?

Will the quality varies depending on which lab one goes for this service? I am asking this question because I got quoted $10 per 36 roll of film at a shop while another one quoted me $5-6.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
FM

Hi,

I understand the quality of the scanned negatives depends on the DPI of the scanner (I think so). Also which shop charges around 5-6 dollars?

I would love to scan my negatives. Please PM or reply the details of the cheaper shop. Thanks!

Peace

i think $5 one is the low res one base*4. (1024 x 1536) (roughly 1.5 megapixel)

$10 one is the higher res one base*16. (2048 x 3072) (roughly 6.3 megapixel)

Hi.

could you pm me the address of both shops or any other shop you decided on?

thanks

I am interested too. Care to tell us which photolab is it. Thanks.

PLEASE TELL ME YOUR PHOTO LABS!

i need them!

chaotic said:
i think $5 one is the low res one base*4. (1024 x 1536) (roughly 1.5 megapixel)

$10 one is the higher res one base*16. (2048 x 3072) (roughly 6.3 megapixel)

digipro imaging does it 13mp for 10 dollars...so thats a real steal.
but unless you need this size for big prints, save the time... the computer will not like you... hehe
pm me if you need the address...

Hi

Sorry for replying late...

The $10 per 36 roll shop I mentioned was from RGB at Winsland House which has closed down recently. They have other branches...not sure where though.

The $5-6 per 36 roll is Soo Kee at Raffles Place (24 Raffles Place, #01-01 Clifford Centre, next to Caltex House). They have other branches as well (Lucky Plaza)

I selected RGB because I already gave them the film to develop before I found out the lower price option from Soo Kee. I did not like the quality of the scan - it was grainy compared to those photos straight out from my DSLR (this is more to do with expectations rather than anything...)

Hope this helps.

FM

Status
Not open for further replies.