Scanner question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunjack

Jul 6, 2002
Zimbabwe
Visit site
Wah... Went to Harvey Norman recently to browse and realised how out-dated I have been! I've never expected scanners to be able to scan 35mm films, and they were priced not too expensive too, cause I thought they would cost a bomb! Any way, I've seen an Epson 1250U selling at an attractive price of $170. It is suppose to be able to scan 35mm film. Does that price include the adapter for scanning?

Whats the difference between an Epson($170) and a Coolscan($1200). Is the Coolscan 7 times better? I'm eyeing one of those cheap film scanners as well.

resolution, utility software (eg TWAIN, FARE/ICE, interface etc), and image quality (focal sharpness, dynamic range, colour accuracy, etc)...

Originally posted by Gunjack
Wah... Went to Harvey Norman recently to browse and realised how out-dated I have been! I've never expected scanners to be able to scan 35mm films, and they were priced not too expensive too, cause I thought they would cost a bomb! Any way, I've seen an Epson 1250U selling at an attractive price of $170. It is suppose to be able to scan 35mm film. Does that price include the adapter for scanning?

If I'm not wrong, the Epson 1250U does not come with film adapter, that is unless you get the Epson 1250U Photo.

However, do be mindful; what you pay is what you get!

Status
Not open for further replies.