Scanned photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

harlequin2902

May 11, 2004
Hi,

Are there any AF SLR users here who've scanned their developed photos and put them up on an online gallery somewhere ?

Seems like most of the pictures posted are taken using DSLRs.

I'm trying to learn as much as I can on an AF SLR before moving up to a full DSLR later, so I'm searching for some motivation while I'm at it :D

Thanks.

harlequin2902 said:
Hi,

Are there any AF SLR users here who've scanned their developed photos and put them up on an online gallery somewhere ?

I'm trying to learn as much as I can on an AF SLR before moving up to a full DSLR later, so I'm searching for some motivation while I'm at it :D

Thanks.

Err.... a quite duh newbie question... isnt DSLR also AF ?? as in auto focus? in that case, why do you refer to the film SLR camera as a AF SLR?

haha ok ok... perhaps i have been to irreverent.=) correction pls?

harlequin2902 said:
Hi,

Thanks.

I don't get it. If its the pictures that you're interested in, then why does it matter if its taken with a SLR or DSLR?

drummercow said:
Err.... a quite duh newbie question... isnt DSLR also AF ?? as in auto focus? in that case, why do you refer to the film SLR camera as a AF SLR?

haha ok ok... perhaps i have been to irreverent.=) correction pls?

Well, that's how a magazine I was reading, classified them in their reviews section that featured both types. One part was dedicated to 'AF SLRs' and another for 'DSLRs'.

Kit said:
I don't get it. If its the pictures that you're interested in, then why does it matter if its taken with a SLR or DSLR?

Good question, but I guess it's just a newbie's curiosity to see how good scanned photos can turn out online vs digitally captured ones, especially if I'm going to be putting my pictures in an online gallery. I guess it's a way of being assured that photos captured using film cameras can look great online too :)

Y'know, people are always comparing print-outs of photos captured digitally vs those from film right. So in summary, I'm just curious about the reverse as explained above.

all my photos are scanned from prints, except for the ones in "The Collection", these were taken with a compact digital P&S.

Mine scan by the lab, no adjustment myself. $2.50 a roll, check my gallery.

Hi. You can view my small small section of photos taken with film and scanned at the lab.

>> Here <<

Status
Not open for further replies.