Scam??

C500D

Aug 2, 2009
Was really interested in getting a Canon 7D from Buy & Sell and saw this posting http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=5281082 really thought it was a good deal but I believe it was a scam.

Got in contact with the seller and was told that he was out of town and that if I was interested I could still pick up the camera from the seller's grandmother after transferring the money. He email a copy of he so call NRIC and gave his bank account no... I did a check and found that the account was not registered to the person of the NRIC.

I have not hear from that person since but believe he could still be lurking around here. I wonder if the person in the NRIC knows that this is going on.

Did anyone here fall for this? If is sounds too good to be true than chances are its not...:thumbsd:

you take the risk if you feel foolish enough

i would rather deal face to face old fashioned way........... one holds the money one holds the goods...... everyone happy.... exchange ........ walk away.....

you should post the URL to the thread here instead of your pm url cos we cannot see it.

since u got the person NRIC and bank account no... and if u sense something fishy, just dun fall into it. And you may probably want to make a police report on this scam and leave the police to handle.

Was really interested in getting a Canon 7D from Buy & Sell and saw this posting http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=5281082 really thought it was a good deal but I believe it was a scam.

Got in contact with the seller and was told that he was out of town and that if I was interested I could still pick up the camera from the seller's grandmother after transferring the money. He email a copy of he so call NRIC and gave his bank account no... I did a check and found that the account was not registered to the person of the NRIC.

I have not hear from that person since but believe he could still be lurking around here. I wonder if the person in the NRIC knows that this is going on.

Did anyone here fall for this? If is sounds too good to be true than chances are its not...:thumbsd:

Sound familiar....:thumbsd:

Familiar cases. Happen before.

i don't really like to deal with members with alternate account ...

Ohhh man I am really very sorry not very tech savy... I hope this is the correct way to do it
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=760233

Just need to tell the fella that you will pay the grandmother the money AFTER inspecting the goods and the camera being in a satisfactory condition as stated. Anything less no deal.

Honest seller will allow buyer inspect the goods before they ask for money.

There are no picture of the seller's camera posted so the chances of a scam is very high.

new member with a history of 2 posts

i have PM'ed him to hear his side of the story here

2 post counts. very suspicious

whatever it is that one is buying.. face to face is always a good policy.. be careful and hope these scammers burn in hell! :x

Hint: There was another time, way before this which the item involved was a 50D set. Same way of dealing though the NRIC part wasn't mentioned.

Location for collection: Grandmother's place (as always).

:bsmilie: