SCAM ALERT: Beware of scam from Nigeria.

ahmad0420

Mar 6, 2010
Yishun
www.shadefotoworks.com
Hey guys,

do beware of a scam from nigeria. this is a worldwide known scam.

I recently posted my sony camera for sale, and this guy got to me.

excerpt from the email:

Hello,My name is Mrs rafel pawel, I will like to make a quick purchase ofthis you item your listed on clcbsnap.com for my client ..Cos the itemlooks suitable to my looking ..And i hope it will be safe to purchasesuch an item from you ..

i will make payment by Bank Transfer OrPayPal Email . If this is alright with you then i will like you togive me the bank account details or paypal email so that i willtransfer the money for you and the cost for this item plus shipmentthrough EMS post office to my client ....

i Can pay you in $usd

i like to know your full price with the shipping cos? Can you ship abroad Awaiting your swift reply SO you can email @ rafelpawel002@gmail.com

Scam from Nigeria? :bigeyes: Tell us something new :bsmilie:
This country is famous for more than such scams and not just since yesterday. Most famous are the offerings to channel some millions of Dollars around the globe, conveniently left by a rich member of the family, inconveniently left at some bank account that is exposed to tax authorities. Your support would be greatly appreciated with 2-digit percentage share .. but first you are required to support the paperwork by sending a few unimportant thousand Dollars to Nigeria, preferable using Western Union :sweatsm: :sweat:

Last edited:
sorry i dont understand how is it is a scam YET.

Scam from Nigeria? :bigeyes: Tell us something new :bsmilie:
This country is famous for more than such scams and not just since yesterday. Most famous are the offerings to channel some millions of Dollars around the globe, conveniently left by a rich member of the family, inconveniently left at some bank account that is exposed to tax authorities. Your support would be greatly appreciated with 2-digit percentage share .. but first you are required to support the paperwork by sending a few unimportant thousand Dollars to Nigeria, preferable using Western Union :sweatsm: :sweat:

Great summary! Maybe the Nigerian football team got scammed in this way too :bsmilie:

Agreed. Looks like it is TS who is in the position to scam her.

Hey guys,

do beware of a scam from nigeria. this is a worldwide known scam.

I recently posted my sony camera for sale, and this guy got to me.

excerpt from the email:

Ask them to Send you the money via Western Union. ;)

Take note, thanks.

Here's more, on the same email, he accidentaly left this, probably for another victim.:

Good Day,My name is Mrs rafel pawel, I will like to make a quick purchase ofthis you item you listed on ALLEGRO for my client ..Cos the item lookssuitable to my looking ..And i hope it will be safe to purchase suchan item from you .. i will make payment by Bank Transfer Or PayPalEmail . If this is alright with you then i will like you to give methe bank account details or paypal email so that i will transfer themoney for you and the cost for this item plus shipment through POCZTEXEMS to my client .... i Can pay you in EUR OR ZL i you full price with the shipping cos? Can you ship abroad Awaiting your swift reply

I replied that I know about such scam, and here's his reply:

Hey..man what is mini of all this???do know who are you talking to ifyou let me to come get you there

Here's a brief intro about the scam: http://www.joewein.de/sw/fraud-western-union-bidpay-ebay.htm

I replied that I know about such scam, and here's his reply:
Why do you waste time responding? You only confirm that your email address is active. Confirmed email addresses bring more money in the business of selling contacts for the next spam / scam wave. Congratulations :thumbsup:

Welcome to the Internet.

good that someone brought this up, i nearly become a victim, but i knew it long ago....so i play along until FBI thing come up...

i had deleted lots of PMs but still have some trace below:

Dear Mrs Jane,

ok, i trust in this, but i want 3 things to be arranged, first i need a copy for the account number to reflect correctly.

2nd i would need your mobile number, once i have the tracking number, i would sms to you, and i will get the EMS to hold the delivery until i have payment show in my account

3rd, i believed there is some times lap between yours & my country, as i am writting this, my time here is 11:48pm, so the post office already closed, so i want to make this transaction at properly afternoon of my time and morning of yours, so that we have common working hour for my post office & your bank

hope the above is win win to both of us.

my mobile is XXXXXXX

rdgs

Patrick

Originally Posted by janelacklemjereks
Thanks for your mail, I want you to know that my bank would not credit even 1 SGD to your account. Until they have verified on the tracking number,Have told my bank to canceled the transaction since you don't want to get back to them with the tracking number but they told me that the transaction is at the last stage and the money can't be refund back to my account. They told me that the last stage for them is to have the tracking number and after the verification they would add it to the last process of the transaction so that your money could be available in your account. And i
don't want to lose this money cos it can't be refund back to my account..If that it can be refund back i would have allowed them to canceled the transaction. Understand the situation, you are the one delaying this transaction. the verification would only take them 30 minutes and then your money would reflect to your account. Get the item shipped out to my client address i gave to you and get back to me with the tracking receipt and don't forget to mail it to start the verification so that the funds could be available in your account. I wait for tracking receipt from you. Thanks

these are just one of the PM correspondence, and i had indeed received email from their bank showing the tele-transfer document, but very fake, some simple series number on the transaction number asking me to arrange to delivery within 24 hours, the rest of the PMs are
she asked me not to hold the item at EMS, within 30mins i would have received money, but she didnt give me any mobile to contact, and of cos i would not even go Post office to spend on the mail parcel fee and wait for her to transfer $, in the first place i never comfortable with it....

after one day, best part,

Jane Jereksi: just call my bank and tell them what you told me,and they said they will al...
Jul 3 (9 days ago)

Jane JereksLoading...Jul 3 (9 days ago)

Reply |Jane Jereks to pattanct
show details Jul 3 (9 days ago)

i just call my bank and tell them what you told me,and they said they
will alert the FBI to email you so that you can understand the
transaction process,that their is no problem with your money.i am
waiting for your reply...

i scare till my pant wet, FBI also being notify.....:sticktong

if you are eager to sell, you post your item, spending all $ on postage, and you never see your money, you better off give your camera to me, i buy you coffee...

last but not least, i am a businessman, i being trading in international business, no money come, no goods go...simple as that.

good luck guys

I oso kena nearly scam from a buyer in Nigeria that he wan to buy a tag heuer watch about 2 weeks that i posted in ebay and he pay instant payment via paypal and the money was held by paypal. So i clarify with paypal and they mention that no payment was held with them. The buyer keep on e-mail me that he had made payment and all i need to do is just mail it out. It ended up the ebay almost suspend my account in ebay. In the end, i insisted on not sending the watch out and from it i never receive any more email. :angry:

Lol... Ask him to sent the cash over first... If he insisted on sending the product first, Get a empty box with a big A3 sized letter: "***** YOU"

Read between the lines " then I would like YOU to give me the bank account details etc etc"
and it's surely a scam to get details.My email received dozens of such junk everyday and
got tired of deleting them.Do be careful.