SBS and MRT will not increase fares

Status
Not open for further replies.

KNIGHT ONG

Dec 18, 2003
PAKISTAN
www.pbase.com
No fares increase this year, hope this is truth with tighter security moves. :)

http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/latest/story/0,4390,246454-1082325540,00.html?

28146432.jpg

You know, they change minds and prices like nobody's business, who'd believe? As long as their pockets are full and they're happy, our lives and hardships are nothing doing!

I think you should keep this article in a safe place...

lets see if they will increase... if they do, we can finally see how truthful they are...

but come to think of it.. they can always come up with a reason and say that they have no choice but to increase... back to sq one...

no need to keep, if u subscribe to Big O newsletter, they always have such information to go against the gov, like SPH earning big bucks, yet cut staff and increase news paper prices. Sing power huge profits, yet many poor fams don't have $ to pay have their power cut. etc etc....

even if they're 'false', there's little we can/dare do.

di0nysus said:
no need to keep, if u subscribe to Big O newsletter, they always have such information to go against the gov, like SPH earning big bucks, yet cut staff and increase news paper prices. Sing power huge profits, yet many poor fams don't have $ to pay have their power cut. etc etc....

even if they're 'false', there's little we can/dare do.

I do agree with di0nysus.No need to all the those information.They say what ever they like and giving such infor which they are having a loss profit in their company so they need to increase those bus and m.r.t fare.

Wow, no fare increase, should i like lick his arse and say thank you. I hate that Fu_ker's **** face, hey, the one talking to the mics. if i am not wrong, he is also the fu_ker that gets fatty pay cheque from SIA, NTUC and as a MP while emphasising on pay cut.

Frankly speaking, I don't believe in them at all. Now say like this later do otherwise! Like Roti-Plata, turn here turn there!
I am really sick of their lies! ;(

Oh well, what do they know? They don't take the public transport day in day out like we do...only an occasional pre-arranged trip to show that 'Hey, We take public transport too!'

ahbeng said:
Wow, no fare increase, should i like lick his arse and say thank you. I hate that Fu_ker's **** face, hey, the one talking to the mics. if i am not wrong, he is also the fu_ker that gets fatty pay cheque from SIA, NTUC and as a MP while emphasising on pay cut.

erm, that's my friend's dad you are badmouthing publicly. :nono:

"SBS annd Mrt will not increase fares" heading is misleading.

There are two separate operators running our MRT(mass rapid transport) network. The report mentioned ComfortDelgro who operates North East lines, besides other mode of transport. It did not mentioned SMRT who operates North-South and East-West lines.

ComfortDelgro said they will not increase fares this year. But it did not say that it will absorb the full costs of additional security measures to be implemented soon which is deemed necessary by the authorities. Transport minister has said that commuters will have to bear part of the additional costs of security in our public transport network, amounting to 'not more than a few cents per trip'.

hangyong, as much as we personally may not like a person, what if it's your closest buddy's dad who's being called names on a forum? in this instance, Mr Lim is the dad of one of my secondary schoolmates, and we're not particularly close, but calling "suggestive terms" that we can practically imply from, is not a wise move.

sehsuan said:
hangyong, as much as we personally may not like a person, what if it's your closest buddy's dad who's being called names on a forum? in this instance, Mr Lim is the dad of one of my secondary schoolmates, and we're not particularly close, but calling "suggestive terms" that we can practically imply from, is not a wise move.

like I have said, as long as you are not the one calling, not a very big prob. I will at most just tell the friend of mine what is happening, and I wun feel angry or what-so-ever of what others say of his dad. It has nothing to do with me anyway.

Anyway, he really is getting a fat cheque, and doing things not worthy of such high pay.

I am not saying what you said or did here is wrong though, just that the way I react and see it is different from yours.

if it's just willing to bear the responsiblity for a fat cheque, i hope to see a single soul willing to go for it in the first place. chances are, the responsibilities involved far outweighs the "fat cheque"

reachme2003 said:
"SBS annd Mrt will not increase fares" heading is misleading.

There are two separate operators running our MRT(mass rapid transport) network. The report mentioned ComfortDelgro who operates North East lines, besides other mode of transport. It did not mentioned SMRT who operates North-South and East-West lines.

ComfortDelgro said they will not increase fares this year. But it did not say that it will absorb the full costs of additional security measures to be implemented soon which is deemed necessary by the authorities. Transport minister has said that commuters will have to bear part of the additional costs of security in our public transport network, amounting to 'not more than a few cents per trip'.

not more than a few cents? lets just say $0.05 per trip lah...

one day 2 million commuters (for bus + taxi + MRT, as seen in ads in MRT stations). lets divide it evenly between the 3. that means each day bus and MRT takes 1.3million commuters.

multiply that with $0.05, thats $66,666.67 per day! lets say every month, only 20days will have people taking bus and MRT, and all other days its empty, they take in $1.3million per month! multiply that by 12 months, and you get $16million in a year!

thats just by ADJUSTING the fare by $0.05.

many peopl will think that $0.05 is not alot lah... can lah... they not taking alot.. very fair....

well, I say do your maths right.

sehsuan said:
if it's just willing to bear the responsiblity for a fat cheque, i hope to see a single soul willing to go for it in the first place. chances are, the responsibilities involved far outweighs the "fat cheque"

er.. responsibilities?? what kind of responsibilities are there for him to take? with that pay cheque, I dun mind doing it.... but too bad I dun wear full white.

I used to run a factory (for my dad lah) of 2000 workers... yes.. not alot compared to his... and you know how much pay I get? 1,000,000 per month... Indonesian Rupiah that is...

hangyong said:
er.. responsibilities?? what kind of responsibilities are there for him to take? with that pay cheque, I dun mind doing it.... but too bad I dun wear full white.

I used to run a factory (for my dad lah) of 2000 workers... yes.. not alot compared to his... and you know how much pay I get? 1,000,000 per month... Indonesian Rupiah that is...

if you had to be answerable to a nation - the people, the families, not just including your own family and not just "only" 2000 people, you won't want to do it.

Alamak ... I start this thread is not for people to address other person F****** you dun likes or whatever vague names. :nono: I shoot most events on Mr Lim coz I known most of the pple there CCMC, CCC and RC etc.

Please respect him, even if you dun likes him but he is in a difficult shoes in such a difficult situation where economy and wages faced high cost in our country. Look at SIA, btw I am in PSA and also have my difficulty where reports on the newspaper reported. :(

What we hope is MRT and SBS will not increase fares this year but next year? :dunno:

So comment constructively, thanks. :sweat:

We are learning here ... towards a gracious society. ;) :) :lovegrin:

sehsuan said:
if you had to be answerable to a nation - the people, the families, not just including your own family and not just "only" 2000 people, you won't want to do it.

I will do it willingly man.. for that kind of pay cheque... please put me first in the line if the opening is there...

but unfortunately, they wun wan me coz I am not pro government policies.

lets face it. I hae already said that you are not wrong. So why keep pushing me?

Hey guys, there are always many sides to a story and it is alright you take 1 side or many sides whichever ways you likes. No wrong or right answer but the decision made would probably be political right at this moment of time. Next time or few years down the roads may not be valid, the world is always changing ... so are we ... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.