SBG SHOOT on 29 May 04

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainman

Apr 4, 2004
In my own world
It was my second time to SBG since my primary school days... merely to try out on my sigma 70-300 APO macro lens.

The macro shoots turned out to be just satisfactory and some blur due to the handshake. Didn't managed to find much things to shoot there cos I think still need a true 1:1 macro len. The swan lake was crap. Onli 2 swans there..ha!

Other than dat..I didn't to manage to find much good object there and so unfortunately caught in the rain half way for almost 45 mins!

All the pics are PSed and some crops for better composition. Pls gimme ur kind comments so that I can improve on there. Anyone have good suggestion on macro shoots and equipments? Thanks in advance!

PS : on that day I only saw 2 guys with their equipments...One at marsh garden shooting macro and another big guy shooting flowers..if U were there can share ur pics? wish to learn more on shooting. Thanks :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

13a.jpg

14a.jpg

15a.jpg

16a.jpg

17a.jpg

18a.jpg

ha apologies..that is Sharon Au
happened to see her on the same day at Orchard Road...so I Upload as well..keke

Papilio said:
Two of your pictures appear to be not part of your SBG outing. Intentional? Is that lady giving a speech or something? :)

:bsmilie: That lady is promoting bra and panties at either John Little or Robinson, can't remember which. :embrass:

robinson.... That lady is Sharon Au..she saw me also "arm chio" cos I 'm the onli guy carry a big gun and shoot her @ her front! haha

hehe... good qn, why up? :)

upzzz means to attract attention..
everytime there a new msg for a thread it will bring the thread forward in the forum....

think he just uppz for hoping for more comments on his composition and PS skills.

hehe... I dunno how to comment much about photos. though i do enjoy looking at the photos, esp from the Sigma 70-300. Nice to see that this lens is capable of producing nice macro shots.

I am hoping to go down to SBG one of these days (never been there b4 :(), what is a good time for a photo shoot at SBG? Morning or afternoon?

Rain: Are the macro shots of the dragonflies and grasshopper shot using a tripod?

Nope all handheld....brought my tripod along but was never use.... find it cumbersome to lock the adapter in to the leg..(no wonder ppl r buying those quick release type..keke)

Desperately going to switch from AF MF..end up become kan jiong spider..haha
The pics are not well taken alot of camera shake...probably will go to SBG again with my new "gun" sigma 180mm macro.

And yes, sigma 70-300 is really a good buy...though I haven try the 70-200L F4 before...might just ditch her after that..who knows? keke

dropzone said:
hehe... I dunno how to comment much about photos. though i do enjoy looking at the photos, esp from the Sigma 70-300. Nice to see that this lens is capable of producing nice macro shots.

I am hoping to go down to SBG one of these days (never been there b4 :(), what is a good time for a photo shoot at SBG? Morning or afternoon?

Rain: Are the macro shots of the dragonflies and grasshopper shot using a tripod?

morning..of cos..weather not so hot..shoot shoot til 1-2 pm til can go shopping...my sat very precious..must make full use of it...night time need to "contribute" to gf mah..ha!

haha! quick release is a must when using in combination with a tripod. Keke...

I am planning on going to the SBG one of these days too. Wanna go together? I am interested in exploring the nature world, esp in macrophotography, since I just acquire the Sigma 70-300mm. :)

yah sure
wish to know more ppl from clubsnap also...probably when we are going we can get more csers involved....

yup. can learn more too. hehe. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.