SBG on 22 Aug 04 - flora

Status
Not open for further replies.

illustrious

Dec 3, 2003
SK
claudia.sg
Too afraid of insects and any little creature, so my take are all on flora and people.... two of my favourites...

more in my bucket

philip827

Aug 17, 2004
upp east coast road
Hey... nice pics u have in your album...
Like the composition of the second picture :D

rainman

Apr 4, 2004
In my own world
Very nice I must say...One of my favourite flower series in CS.

How about creating a montage out of the flower pics...Think It will look great! :)

illustrious

Dec 3, 2003
SK
claudia.sg
Thank you thank you! Makes me want to improve more on my takes.

Can't wait for the holidays to take more photos! :D

rainman

Apr 4, 2004
In my own world
U have an interesting 2nd pic...rusty chain and colorful flower.
BTW are u with the SBG group outing? Are u in the grp photo? (Just curious)

illustrious

Dec 3, 2003
SK
claudia.sg
rainman said:
U have an interesting 2nd pic...rusty chain and colorful flower.
BTW are u with the SBG group outing? Are u in the grp photo? (Just curious)
i was there but i missed the group photo taking. i was here and there and everywhere on my own with a friend. don't know which group to tag to... shy ah... :embrass:

illustrious

Dec 3, 2003
SK
claudia.sg
... for those who caught the Careless Whisper guy.... "Can I have some comments?... I want to learn and improve. Can give me comments?"

:bsmilie:

foxtwo

Mar 11, 2004
singapore
All IMHO. Composition looks alright. Need a wider aperture to throw the backgrounds oof, quite sharp at the moment. Personally i prefer my flowers bright & vibrant, so i find a majority of ur pics kinda dull. ;p
But a number could def have used fill-flash, 0092-looks like the sun is behind it, 0132- Ur own shadow is over e flower!!, 0153-sun behind, 0156-shadow cast from above.

A couple of high contrast pics which looks interesting, but could do with a tighter crop/diff angle- 0071, 0110. (subjective, if u like it tats fine :) )

I like, 0001, 0031, 0108, 0077, 0136, 0148.

Try to size ur pics to at least 600x400 next time. Verli small, me have to squint... :nono:

illustrious

Dec 3, 2003
SK
claudia.sg
foxtwo said:
All IMHO. Composition looks alright. Need a wider aperture to throw the backgrounds oof, quite sharp at the moment. Personally i prefer my flowers bright & vibrant, so i find a majority of ur pics kinda dull. ;p
But a number could def have used fill-flash, 0092-looks like the sun is behind it, 0132- Ur own shadow is over e flower!!, 0153-sun behind, 0156-shadow cast from above.

A couple of high contrast pics which looks interesting, but could do with a tighter crop/diff angle- 0071, 0110. (subjective, if u like it tats fine :) )

I like, 0001, 0031, 0108, 0077, 0136, 0148.

Try to size ur pics to at least 600x400 next time. Verli small, me have to squint... :nono:
Wow! tat's cool! thks for ur feedback! the image size i uploaded was the original size, but photobucket shrink to fit to their max. file size by image... soo... :dunno:

will try to improve on the brightness etc... but i don't know how to do tat yet... hmm... lots to learn... :sweat:

foxtwo

Mar 11, 2004
singapore
illustrious said:
Wow! tat's cool! thks for ur feedback! the image size i uploaded was the original size, but photobucket shrink to fit to their max. file size by image... soo... :dunno:

will try to improve on the brightness etc... but i don't know how to do tat yet... hmm... lots to learn... :sweat:
try saving e copies in a lesser image quality then. 7 or 8?

if u can use an external flash, go fashion a diy bouncecard. if it's an internal flash, i guess u can try shooting direct & test if ur sensor can do fill-flash. Hmm, sorry, i dun play with digi-cams so cant help u here.

Status
Not open for further replies.