SBG Invaded By CS

Status
Not open for further replies.

chngpe01

Staff member
This Sat outing at SBG organised by Madcat II is indeed a success. Not by the sheer numbers but more importantly by the CS members themsleves. The spirit, enthusiasm and seriousness displayed by the CS members in pursuing their passion openly is indeed heartwarming.

It is not the long lens that had a field day, but the shorter lenses and the photog working hard within the limitation of the equipment to bring the best out of it, that makes the difference to this outing. I am indeed proud to be associated with this outing and hope that this will be the beginning of a group of younger and more creative nature photog coming into the Singapore nature photography scene.

I hope the pictures here show the spirit of the photogs at todays outing. The willingness to get on all fours and getting dirty is clearly a positive sign of a good nature photog. (Even the auntie in Pic 1 is clearly impressed)

Keep it up guys and gals. Give yourselves a pat. Well Done! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CS_SBG001.jpg

CS_SBG002.jpg

I concur PE, the spirit of learning and sharing today is truly remarkable. Kudos to Madcat II for the great coordination, the volunteers who helped out (including yourself too PE) and of course, a great company of fellow CSers! Looking forward to the next one :)

I concur PE, the spirit of learning and sharing today is truly remarkable. Kudos to Madcat II for the great coordination, the volunteers who helped out (including yourself too PE) and of course, a great company of fellow CSers! Looking forward to the next one :)
I agree!

Thanks to Madcat II for organising this outing.

My special thanks to chngpe01 for taking the time and effort to give me some pointers and encouragement in spite of I'm a non-SLR user. ;)
The only in the group I think. ;p

And also to all fellow CSers who made this outing so enjoyable in one way or another. :D

sabre said:
My special thanks to chngpe01 for taking the time and effort to give me some pointers and encouragement in spite of I'm a non-SLR user. ;)
The only in the group I think. ;p

I dun think it matters where u r SLR or non-SLR user cos it does not guarantee you good shots. :D

Hi chngpe01, hope you don't mind me "lompang" your thread to add a few more pics taken at the outing. ;)

Agree with everyone's views that it was a great outing, many thanks to Jason for taking the initiative and time to organize the SBG sunbird shootout. :thumbsup: The pleasant surprise was the large turnout, over 20 CS-sers gathered near the Visitor's Centre at SBG at 8am last Saturday morning and proceeded to the Heliconia Walk to have the shootout. The weather and company was great, and the sunbirds did show up, everyone went away happy with their precious sunbird shots. :D But what was great was that all participants displayed a high level of enthusiasm and spirit, as chngpe01 had said, also the willingness to "get down on all fours and get dirty" to get the shot, as can be seen from the pics.

Here's wishing that all of you who turned up will continue to cultivate a keen interest in nature and nature photography in general, and realize that natural wildlife is abundant in Singapore, one just has to be more observant and have a keen eye to spot it. Hope you guys (and gals) will continue shooting nature subjects!

Some shots from the shootout@SBG:

sbg_outing_01.jpg

sbg_outing_02.jpg

sbg_outing_03.jpg

sbg_outing_04.jpg

Well done guys! :)

This is, in my humble opinion, what makes CS such a dynamic place for photographers of all levels. :)

Anyhow, keep organising such shoots. :)

Cheers! :)

great that so many people are getting interested in photographing wild birds

first we have the Trolley Uncle. Now we have the Brolley Auntie. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.