SBG 22-08-04 By Canon A80

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunger

Mar 12, 2004
Tampines
Here is my late posting of the pictures taken on the massive invation to SBG on 22-08-2004. Did not manage to get any great shots, so use the help of PS to savage it. :D

If any comment please give me, i am still new and would like to learn more about composition.

All shots done by Canon A80

The first 3 pics is done by using PS to make it more illusive. Original pic is jsut too plain.

whitelotus.jpg

waterfall2.jpg

waterfall1.jpg

like your 1st pic a lot.

great that you manage to catch the red dragonfly...
forever so active that i dunno how to capture it man. :angry:

kohweekuan said:
like your 1st pic a lot.

great that you manage to catch the red dragonfly...
forever so active that i dunno how to capture it man. :angry:

Actually Dragon Fly is better than butterfly, coz dragonfly always fly back to the few spot only. So keep waiting around the same area you should get it.

That was really very nice, you have proof people that camera isn't a matter, it's a matter of whether you are pro or not. :)

Thanks guys, but for what i feel it still lack of nice composition. Anything can improve ?

Flyingpig said:
That was really very nice, you have proof people that camera isn't a matter, it's a matter of whether you are pro or not. :)

Me still not pro with the cam yet... maybe you can say I am better with PS :p

But from there I can know what should i get next time to have a good composition, because next time I will capture those area that I want to crop.

Anyway, thanks for the comment. I will improve more next round. :D

Thanks nicholaslee, I will improve on it next time. Maybe lack of time doing it just now.

But I think this time just do for fun as not much nice pic taken :(

I got more candid than nice shot. Maybe I like to take candid also ;)

Well done! Do not underestimate the power of compact digicams. They can take equivalent good pictures...Horray for all the digicam users for that day!

DLSR is just like a vintage wine, if u dunno how to appreciate it, it will be just like a yr 2004 wine.

Well, I like ur #1 and #2 and ur little rascal..nice catch very "yaya" look :)

WOW...
How did you get such close up on that butterfly?? It must be blind :D
Very nice shots, really cannot look down on prosumer cams.

rainman said:
Well done! Do not underestimate the power of compact digicams. They can take equivalent good pictures...Horray for all the digicam users for that day!

DLSR is just like a vintage wine, if u dunno how to appreciate it, it will be just like a yr 2004 wine.

Well, I like ur #1 and #2 and ur little rascal..nice catch very "yaya" look :)

Thanks, but still I just make the best out of the camera. ^_^ I think you are right about DSLR, some ppl think the more expensive camera is better. So end up buying a DSLR and not using it. What a waste.

Anyway, I think I may get deeper in photography when i get a better and stable job.

philip827 said:
WOW...
How did you get such close up on that butterfly?? It must be blind :D
Very nice shots, really cannot look down on prosumer cams.

Well, it started quite shy :embrass: after that, a few round of fly off and fly back. It just stay there even i move the stick it stay on. After Tunster and Latmo took its pic, then my turn for taking it.

The actual size of the butterfly is around 20 cens coin.

chunger said:
Thanks, but still I just make the best out of the camera. ^_^ I think you are right about DSLR, some ppl think the more expensive camera is better. So end up buying a DSLR and not using it. What a waste.

Anyway, I think I may get deeper in photography when i get a better and stable job.

Well, it started quite shy :embrass: after that, a few round of fly off and fly back. It just stay there even i move the stick it stay on. After Tunster and Latmo took its pic, then my turn for taking it.

The actual size of the butterfly is around 20 cens coin.
It's a moth... what kind of moth have to ask the butt flu gang..

for #1: General feeling is good. Should make the subject (flower) stand out more. The flower (what's the name of the flower anyway?) should be at some distance away from the water surface and leaves right? Decrease the DOF.

#2, #3: I feel that the waterfall pictures shouldn't crop so tight.

#4, #6: :thumbsup:

How about showing your candid shots?

willyfoo said:
It's a moth... what kind of moth have to ask the butt flu gang..
That's a butterfly called Cycad Blue, the scientific name being Chilades pandava pandava. It's one of the most friendliest butts, which you can get as close as a few inches away. ;)

chunger, try to have more space in front of the butt than behind it, ie, for this shot, the butt should be place more to the right.

very nice series

#1 - great exposure without any reflection. Would prefer to crop away the below leaf.

#2 - nice and sliky effect of waterfall (not macro)

#3 - nice but the sky is overexposed. Would prefer to crop away the sky. (not macro)

#4 - very nice shot esp the composition and detail. As for background, you can use bigger aperture or closeup lens to make it blurer

#5 - would be better to make the background blurer and tilt the flower from 1 angle

#6 - Nice Cycad Blue shot :) would prefer to compose against a bright background

#7 - not macro but nice portrait shot

Status
Not open for further replies.