SB800 TTL-BL Disappeared..........argh

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprintist

Nov 13, 2006
Singapore
www.oddinary.com.sg
I am not sure what i did, or did i even do anything in the first place but my mode for TTL-BL disappeared. Kept pressing the mode to shuffle it but never came on. On one occassion it came back then after awhile of shooting, not sure what I did (or never do anything again) the function disappeared..

I've asked a few who are more knowledgable in flash than me but they are lost too..anyone can help?

Thanks in advance!!

BL mode is available for Matrix metering. if you are using center-weighted or spot metering, then it won't come on?

hmm cant work....i switched the metering modes but still cant get the TTL-BL mode back..anyone can help?
Clean the contacts on the hotshoe and the flash? While trying to see what was wrong, I realised mine didn't come on also... until I wiggled the flash a little and it came on.

BL mode is available for Matrix metering. if you are using center-weighted or spot metering, then it won't come on?

BL works for Matrix and Center-weighted.

Which camera model r u using? :dunno:

the flash can function properly just the TTL-BL mode is missing.

I tried using different metering, in fact all 3 metering modes but still after shuffling the mode wont come on. When the flash is detached, also the mode is not there. other modes all present =(

the flash can function properly just the TTL-BL mode is missing.

I tried using different metering, in fact all 3 metering modes but still after shuffling the mode wont come on. When the flash is detached, also the mode is not there. other modes all present =(

BL won't turn on when the flash is not on the camera.

Shud b alrite then. In diz case, TTL-BL will not work in Spot metering only.

Try removing the batteries and load them again while at the same time cleaning the contacts on both the speedlight and cam. ;)

i tried both on and off the camera, still the ttl bl is missing even at matrix or centre weighted. hmm cleaned the hotshoe already though..:dunno::dunno:

i tried both on and off the camera, still the ttl bl is missing even at matrix or centre weighted. hmm cleaned the hotshoe already though..:dunno::dunno:

Mode? P, A, S, M? I tried on my D70s and TTL-BL is available on all modes. I'll try see if I can replicate the problem. Meanwhile, can you check if the CLS commander might be activated? Also, what lens were you using?

the ttl-bl is back again! duno why..using on tamron 17-50. yes flash works well, fires well :)

the ttl-bl is back..not sure why though..somehow only that function disappears even when at matrix metering etc.

Really appreciate all the help here! hopefully the disappearance act won't come back..really weird and mysterious

the ttl-bl is back again! duno why..using on tamron 17-50. yes flash works well, fires well :)

the ttl-bl is back..not sure why though..somehow only that function disappears even when at matrix metering etc.

Really appreciate all the help here! hopefully the disappearance act won't come back..really weird and mysterious

I think it's probably some contact problem either with the lens communication or the flash communication.. :dunno:

Good for you! :thumbsup:

Weird tho... diz problem? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.