SB800 Battery Cover Removal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adiemus

May 21, 2004
Small island....
Hi all Nikon SB800 users,

Anyone removed the battery cover to use the 5th battery compartment? I read the manual, but the instructions are very vague.

Anyone removed the cover successfully without breaking it? :)

OT a little:
If let's say that I replace the battery cover with the 5th battery compartment, but yet not put a 5th battery in, will the whole thing work?

Yep done it before...
Took me 15 minute before got courage to use some force on it :sweat:
good luck

SNAG said:
OT a little:
If let's say that I replace the battery cover with the 5th battery compartment, but yet not put a 5th battery in, will the whole thing work?

I don't think so... :think:

bip916 said:
I don't think so... :think:
No it will not work, the 5th battery's compartment is the link to the completion of the circuit on the flash.

If you need help to remove the batter cover, drop by NC one of these days, there are pretty many experts who've already done it on their own SB-800s countless of times.

Haha, good one, I havent had the guts to force mine open yet too...

It seems that I would have to apply a certain amount of force to "make" the two sliding guides pop out.

However, repeated removal and placement of this cover causes marking at the edge of the battery compartment doesn't it? :)

Well, from the pictures, it does appear to be the case.

Adiemus said:
It seems that I would have to apply a certain amount of force to "make" the two sliding guides pop out.

However, repeated removal and placement of this cover causes marking at the edge of the battery compartment doesn't it? :)

You don't need a lot of force, just a slight twitch and the cover will slide out. :)

SNAG said:
OT a little:

No, it will not work, you either use the cover for 4 batteries, or use the 5th battery case with 5 batteries.

Hi Nikon Snipers,

Regarding the 5th battery, do u all die die also use the same capacity battery? Question coz I ask is that, I use 2 set of battery : 4 x 2100 and 4 x 2300.

If I buy new battery, must buy in pairs. So one of the above set will be 4 x 2100 + 1 x 2300. So far no problems.

Juz curious, who else have tried mixing b4?

CAMEDIA said:
Hi Nikon Snipers,

Regarding the 5th battery, do u all die die also use the same capacity battery? Question coz I ask is that, I use 2 set of battery : 4 x 2100 and 4 x 2300.

If I buy new battery, must buy in pairs. So one of the above set will be 4 x 2100 + 1 x 2300. So far no problems.

Juz curious, who else have tried mixing b4?

I read an ealier post fr someone else that the batt became so hot that he drop it while removing batts.

Understand your warranty is also void should anything happen

geoyip said:
I read an ealier post fr someone else that the batt became so hot that he drop it while removing batts.

Understand your warranty is also void should anything happen

yeah lor, the warranty thing is my worry also. :sweat: But the hot part never encounter "so hot until drop". :bigeyes: Juz warm onie. :dunno:

CAMEDIA said:
yeah lor, the warranty thing is my worry also. :sweat: But the hot part never encounter "so hot until drop". :bigeyes: Juz warm onie. :dunno:

it gets really hot when u're firing it continuously.

but no worries the heat transfer isn't that BAD to the remaining batteries within

at most u get a free tattoo on your palm :rolleyes:

the battery cover can be pushed all the way back, raise it verticle and twist it slightly, strain your eyes to see the "catch"
once u can get it, its rather simple and fast to do it.

and once u attach the SD8, u won't wanna remove it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.