SB700 pre flash

HighTone

Jul 4, 2011
Altona
Hi seniors out there, I'm pretty new to flash and just got a sb700. When I attached the sb700 to my D7000, I realized every time I fire a shot, it will give me 3 pre flashes. This is pretty annoying as e pre flashes will delay me firing a shot.

Would like to ask any seniors know how to disable the pre flash? I've search but can't find. Thanks

The pre-flashes that the iTTL emits are usually very short. Are you sure you didn't turn on red-eye reduction mode accidentally?

do you mean the exposure delay mode?
or maybe you try reset to default setting.

on top of your camera LCD panel, did you see an "eye" icon? if yes, please refer to your camera manual for how to disable the red eye reduction function.

ziploc said:
The pre-flashes that the iTTL emits are usually very short. Are you sure you didn't turn on red-eye reduction mode accidentally?

Hi ziploc, thanks so much, solved the problem already, I planted the flash to the hotshoe and suddenly remembered the red eye reduction is adjusted when I press the flash. Thanks so much for help

catchlights said:
on top of your camera LCD panel, did you see an "eye" icon? if yes, please refer to your camera manual for how to disable the red eye reduction function.

Hi catchlights, yes that's the icon I found and managed to turn it off. Thanks so much

wuminlee said:
do you mean the exposure delay mode?
or maybe you try reset to default setting.

Hi wuminlee, managed to solve it, thanks so much