SB600 stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

nie

Dec 26, 2003
Anyone knows if there is any omnibounce suitable for the SB600? Also what is the price for the color gel set, and if they are available yet. :) Thank you.

nope.. i feel that the SB600 is a purposely crippled flash. no quantum, no bounce, no additional battery, no diffuser.....

anyway if u want a diffuser, i suggest a coffee filter put over the head.

Clown said:
nope.. i feel that the SB600 is a purposely crippled flash. no quantum, no bounce, no additional battery, no diffuser.....

anyway if u want a diffuser, i suggest a coffee filter put over the head.

are you sure? for omni bounce use the SB-80 or SB-800 one also can fit the head but can't click only(it's exactly the same without the clips)... just got to secure it with tape or something... and that's it. ;) save the coffe filter for your coffee...

SianZronG said:
are you sure? for omni bounce use the SB-80 or SB-800 one also can fit the head but can't click only(it's exactly the same without the clips)... just got to secure it with tape or something... and that's it. ;) save the coffe filter for your coffee...
i dunno.. maybe u've tried and it works.
for me a coffee filter works better than almost anything except for a direct ceiling bounce..

cheers

I seriously don't understand why Nikon SG didn't build in a bounce card & supply the omnibounce. Anyway the omnibounce is available at Lords for dunnoe how much, can check it out.

espn said:
I seriously don't understand why Nikon SG didn't build in a bounce card & supply the omnibounce. Anyway the omnibounce is available at Lords for dunnoe how much, can check it out.

any indication of the price for the omnibounce? is it the one from stofen or did nikon come out with one for the SB600? thank u in anticipation.

espn said:

the bounce is for SB-80.... and it can fit nicley lbut not very tight cause missing the clips on the side to secure the bounce.... price around $20-

I use cardboard + rubber band with SB-800. :) Built-in one is too small, and it is especially ineffective when the flash head is zoomed to say above 50mm. (so you may wish to manual zoom it to 24mm and lock it there, whatever).

Status
Not open for further replies.