SB600 or SB800

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for link...and apology for posting something that has long been debated...will try to use search function next time :sweatsm: just got to excited about it :sweat:

it's ok... we all get excited and make istakes... we are afterall humans...

Yes. SB800 :thumbsup: Highly recommended...

SB800. And if you have spare money, another SB800 :sweatsm: . For CLS :thumbsup: .

Regards,
Arto.

SB800. And if you have spare money, another SB800 :sweatsm: . For CLS :thumbsup: .

Regards,
Arto.

1 SB-800 for main
1 SB-800 for spare
as many SB-600's as you can afford for CLS slaves... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

SB800 is the king of flash, even for first time buyer also SB800.

Sb400

I went through the same thing. Finally went to camera shop and tried both the 600 and 800 on my D80. Got the 800 and haven't been sorry.

if you are on a budget den the SB-600 is good enough, else if you have money to spare you can also take a look at the $B-800 ;)

depends on your needs..... i have been using the SB600 and it is very satisfactory.... :)

oh ya

do you need fast recycle, LED display and built in commander, and use for external batt pack?

I guess, I'll need a fast recycle...but really confuse on what you meant by LED display, built in commander and external batt pack (the batt pack - I saw it with my friend and I am just wondering what's the need for it...). I am still a newbie so I am quite confused with the terms you are using except for a few but I did try reading some articles and reviews about it and somehow I just confused...sigh...I guess that makes me non-techie person...but thanks for asking those questions...

I guess, I'll need a fast recycle...but really confuse on what you meant by LED display, built in commander and external batt pack (the batt pack - I saw it with my friend and I am just wondering what's the need for it...). I am still a newbie so I am quite confused with the terms you are using except for a few but I did try reading some articles and reviews about it and somehow I just confused...sigh...I guess that makes me non-techie person...but thanks for asking those questions...

How fast a recycle time will you need? The SB-600 is no slouch when it comes to recycling (unless you're always shooting at 1/1 power) time, but this is also dependant on battery type and battery capacity.

not really to sure about how fast is it but I really wanted to it to recharge asap as most of the time I need to shoot indoors and no budget to avail those f/2.8 lenses...
You can add a battery pack SD-8A to have a faster recharge or another alternatives is using 3rd party battery pack like Quantum 1+,turbo or 2+ to have almost "instant" recharge. Just be mindful of the flash when using with battery pack. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.