SB 600 & Diffusing Dome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khowen

Jan 19, 2006
Hi everyone,

I have just bought a speedlight, SB 600.
However, while going thru the instruction guide, it is indicated that diffusing dome can't be used on SB 600.
Diffusing Dome is that white colour square cover right? Why it can't be used on SB 600? Can anyone advise please?

Hi, some ppl refer to the "square cover" as an omnibounce as well.

It can be used without a problem, just that it does not come packaged with the sb600. It however comes as part of the package if u purchase the sb800

Regardless, u can just pick one up made bt stofen fr Cathay/TCW or any of the popular shops. make sure u get the one that fits the sb600 as there are a number of sizes that fit different flashes.

Hi everyone,

However, while going thru the instruction guide, it is indicated that diffusing dome can't be used on SB 600.
Diffusing Dome is that white colour square cover right? Why it can't be used on SB 600? Can anyone advise please?
I don't have SB-600, so I might be wrong:
- SB-600 doesn't have a latch to secure dome diffuser on the flash head. 3rd party one maybe use velcro or something.
- SB-600 doesn't have enough power/GN to consider good use with dome diffuser. But, it doesn't mean SB-600 can not use dome diffuser.

Regards,
Arto.

Not sure about the diffusing dome of the SB-800 being used on the SB-600 but I've been using the Stofen omnibounce on the SB-600 and so far, nothing bad about it....

ok. Thanks guys!:)

Hi everyone,

You can try this link..
http://www.abetterbouncecard.com/

Hi, I've got a Stofen one attached to my SB600, and there's no problem with using it. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.