Saying hi to the bro's in the Oly forum :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkertR

Hi guys... just wanna wave and say hi! i've joined the ranks of olympus users thanks to my bro hammer_400 :D An E-1 it is... yup! love it. Even tried to drown it today -- still working fine :D

Okays! hi :D

Welcome! Hope we can share and enjoy the forums here.

:thumbsup:

NMSS_2 said:
not using fuji anymore?

nope... sold both of em off and lenses - the last of em going today at 10:40am. i'm glad to be an oly user now though~ the E-1 produces great images, only rant is that the LCD is nowhere accurate enough to really distinguish if you've got a great shot down. Any suggestions on the LCD?

ParkertR said:
nope... sold both of em off and lenses - the last of em going today at 10:40am. i'm glad to be an oly user now though~ the E-1 produces great images, only rant is that the LCD is nowhere accurate enough to really distinguish if you've got a great shot down. Any suggestions on the LCD?

allo allo..

the lcd is on the list of things that irk me .
:what:

hehehe... with any luck one more bro going to change to Oly[size=-4] from the darkside[/size]..hehehe

hammer_400 said:
hehehe... with any luck one more bro going to change to Oly[SIZE=-4] from the darkside[/SIZE]..hehehe

yo bro,

u not involved in todaes exercise?

NMSS_2 said:
the lcd can only use for checking sharpness and wb. at least, it dont give u a false sense of security that your shots looked that good or something! :sticktong

:D tuesday u going??

NMSS_2 said:
the lcd can only use for checking sharpness and wb. at least, it dont give u a false sense of security that your shots looked that good or something! :sticktong
haha the i use the lcd to do an agaration of the wb too. check for sharpness must zoom all the way, so mah fan, n sometimes still buay zhun. i ignore it most of the time. just shoot like film and trust the *beep* when the auto-focus locks. :)

i sometimes feel the satisfaction i get from film is more than digital cos of the anticipation of how the shots turn out. lol. so parkertr: gd job turning it off! save battery too! lol.

KrY0LiT3 said:
haha the i use the lcd to do an agaration of the wb too. check for sharpness must zoom all the way, so mah fan, n sometimes still buay zhun. i ignore it most of the time. just shoot like film and trust the *beep* when the auto-focus locks. :)

with practise, you can tell from 10x zoom whether it is sharp. btw IIRC the thumbnail image in preview is not the actual file like S2pro or S3pro preview. but rather it uses smaller thumbnail image to subsitute it. just imagine previewing a 5mb+ jpg file or 13mb+ orf..... slow siah!

i dont really trust the beep. i beep few more times with zoom lenses. especially the 50mm macro.

NMSS_2 said:
with practise, you can tell from 10x zoom whether it is sharp. btw IIRC the thumbnail image in preview is not the actual file like S2pro or S3pro preview. but rather it uses smaller thumbnail image to subsitute it. just imagine previewing a 5mb+ jpg file or 13mb+ orf..... slow siah!

i dont really trust the beep. i beep few more times with zoom lenses. especially the 50mm macro.
eh? 10x? 4x only lah. he's toking bout the e1. 4x is enough but i seldom do that still. the loading for the preview for the e1 is quite fast btw.

hm. the beep is quite zhun actually. i have no experience with the 50mm but my 35mm hunts abit when the subject is very near or in very low light and low contrast situations. not a big matter for me really.

Status
Not open for further replies.