Say "Nikon"

How you normally say "Nikon"?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lippie

Jan 10, 2006
油池
Have been hearing different people saying "Nikon" differently. So how do you pronounce it?

bo liao

:lovegrin: what is the meaning of this thread? just use nikon lah, dont worry about how to pronounce! if it is good :thumbsup: , it is good :thumbsup:

you so free, better go and figure out how to take good pics with your D1H lah!

KNIGHT ONG said:
Ni - Ah - Kong .. :sweatsm: :bsmilie: :what:

Why bother ?? :dunno:

Ya lor! the word is still the same "Nikon" who care how to pronounce it? As long as know how to take good picture than is important.

A bit of history: Nikon was originally called Nippon Kogaku KK. So the pronunciation should be obvious now. Canon was originally called Kwanon, named after the Goddess of Mercy, what we commonly called Guan Yin.

aiyo, just ask the Japanese, they will tell you it is pronounced nee-kon.

jeffhiew said:
aiyo, just ask the Japanese, they will tell you it is pronounced nee-kon.

yup, the Japanese will call it "nee-kon" while the foreigners will call it "nye-con"

it is like how ppl pronounce Tomato & Potato.
diff ppl pronounce it differently.

lippie said:
Have been hearing different people saying "Nikon" differently. So how do you pronounce it?

Who cares? This is a pointless thread, should be kopitiam with some of the others, but this is just lame!

Different people say it in different ways, im sure even you figured that out, so why does it matter how people say it?

Nee Kon or Nye Kon...

it's still the good system that we like, and that's the only important thing... :D

My angmoh colleague just mentioned about his "nye-kon" system... keep hearing him saying "nye-kon, nye-kon" till I bo liao set up the poll for this.. should have started in kopitiam instead.. :sweat:

Call it how the nips call it :bsmilie:

i know that the americans.... being american (must be different one!) no punt intended ofcourse :bsmilie: , would say it 'nye-kon'. like the rest of us.. i think Nikon sounds good! :thumbsup:

I pronounce it,

You should buy one of these, it's a Ni, ... it's a Nee, ... it's a Nik .... its' not a Canon :bsmilie:

OK Canon guys, flame me if you will :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.