xmen1977.clubsnap.org
well, noticed quite a no of black Lexus R300 in orchard

hmmm
seem to be like another rich s'poreans' favourite car :dunno:

xmen1977 said:
well, noticed quite a no of black Lexus R300 in orchard

hmmm
seem to be like another rich s'poreans' favourite car :dunno:
A lot of them are actually Toyota Harrier (Lexus lookalike) and not the genuine Lexus. What usually gives them away is the Toyota logo on their steering wheel. Replacing the steering wheel costs a bomb, so most of them would not go to that extent. :D

It is like driving a Mitsubishi Lancer GLXi trying to make it look like an Evolution.

Barrios said:
A lot of them are actually Toyota Harrier (Lexus lookalike) and not the genuine Lexus. What usually gives them away is the Toyota logo on their steering wheel. Replacing the steering wheel costs a bomb, so most of them would not go to that extent. :D

I heard those two cars are exactly the same? some marketing thing? My girlfriend told me the story but then it was so long winded that I can't remember....... :think:

yup....most of them are toyota harrier (aka parallel imported version from japan) cos in japan, there is no Lexus line...they juz give it another model name...thou its juz as luxurious.

It is like driving a Mitsubishi Lancer GLXi trying to make it look like an Evolution.

do not really agree w your analogy thou....a lancer is definitely NOT an Evolution BUT a harrier IS a RX300...albeit a japan domestic market version...should not be too far apart in performances.
Try chasing an Evolution with a Lancer and you will know wat i mean. :nono:

Y are there many harriers no the road then?
its relatively cheaper...bang for bucks in terms of looks and performances. :bigeyes:

eh... okie..just my 2 cents... to tell the difference between the new (the ones with the clear tail lights are the newer ones) lexus rx300 and toyota harrier... look for the lone rear mirror in the top left part of the car, just beside the bonnet~ ;)

another way might be wat barrios said.. looking at the steering wheel.. cos replacing a steering wheel is expensive..due to the air bag.. abt 2-3K to replace one.. :what:

technically, there is also a difference.. the harrier is available in 2 different capacities.. 2.4L(the ones we usually see) and 3.0L(rarely seen) whereas the lexus is onli available in 3.0L...the smaller CC harrier is definately a fav given the road tax here..hehehe~~ :D

besides the harrier..there are also a few models shared between lexus and toyota...

toyota lexus
------- ------
altezza rs 200 IS200
camery ES300

then again... wat ralph said is correct.. there's no lexus brand in jap..for the time being.. new has it that toyota and lexus would be under 2 different companies soon.. hehe.. maybe a chance to earn more under a mark up brand?? ;p

OT: well.. chasing an evolution with a lancer.. not realli impossible.. stock evo runs 1.0 bar using 4G63(2.0L TC), whereas a normal lancer mivec uses 4G92(1.6 N.A).. but there ARE some running 4G93T(rare 1.8 TC engine, found on the lancer[mkII] GTI) running at unbelievable boost... seems to have better power to weight ratio then the evo...keeping up on the straights is okie.. but cornering wise..hehehe..chassis is simply not rigid enough... :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.