saving our heritage - bukit brown - pls post on your facebook etc.....

i would request him to unite us - those who dun mind and those who mind bukit brown to go

Dont mind my saying, this is but a cemetry just like all the so many other cemetries in Singapore which have gaved way to national development (check out Bishan, Novena, Ngee Ann City, Ngee Ann Poly, Wheelock Place, Bidadari, Serangoon. Kheam Hock etc). Wanting to preserve this just for the personal few because of pride of ancestry seems to be self serving. For memories, take as many photos as possible & put them in the museums. There are better more worthy causes to involve the President than this imo.

Last edited:
This is Singapore, you mati also have to shift house.

The plans are already up for new houses.

well... if u ask me...

i'm actually ok for bukit brown to go.

cause its not my ah kong who is up on that hill *shrugs*

lets just put it this way. how many people even go and see the lim boh seng memorial?

Last edited:
GOS aiming for 7-8 million people living in Singapore.

We've to make sacrifices.

would love it if they would actually widen Lornie Road. if they're actually going to build property there, without even bothering about the consequences of increasing the housing there... we shall all have a mass protest :bsmilie:

well... if u ask me...

i'm actually ok for bukit brown to go.

cause its not my ah kong who is up on that hill *shrugs*

lets assume for discussion sake that its ur ah kong up there..
will u still hold the same view?

lets just put it this way. how many people even go and see the lim boh seng memorial?

more than e number going to kranji, i'd say..
mac is a popular with lotsa joggers until carpark not eno space..:devil:

Poor Cik Pon will have nowhere to live :cry:

lets assume for discussion sake that its ur ah kong up there..
will u still hold the same view?

more than e number going to kranji, i'd say..
mac is a popular with lotsa joggers until carpark not eno space..:devil:

then i'll probably make noise etc and say my ah kong bought taht land, its private property, garmen want move also cannot etc etc...

Singapore is probably the only place where the dead can't rest in peace....
ps. maybe except for the privilege few

It is matter of time we would need every single piece of land available. The question is more the timing and what should go first.

Government should share the master plan for the next 5-10-20 years. I sometimes find it very strange when buildings are converted to different use from their original permitted use. Who made those decision and are there the master plan to show it is suppose to be that way?

If we can keep it and work around it, do delay. Golf courses are not Eco friendly and open to public. If we are turning it to a park, I would support it.

then i'll probably make noise etc and say my ah kong bought taht land, its private property, garmen want move also cannot etc etc...

lol sad to say... you've got a lot to learn about our land.

it's all State Land no matter freehold or 99-year lease