save the lowballer's campaign

loath

Mar 10, 2009
hello all.recently i have noticed alot of sellers post warnings against lowballing.they tend to end their posts with:-lowball stay away!!..no lowballing!!will not entertain lowballers!! so on and so forth.
poor lowballers..unwanted but exists in our modern world.i hope you guys can drop some kind words for lowballers in clubsnap.give'em some moral support.they deserve some dignity and pride.its tough being a lowballer,the art of lowballing comes with occasional cursing, condemning and looked down upon in an ever growing "graceful" society.it's like being an outcast or a wedlock child.don't you just pity them.
i should know as sometimes i too lowball to save every penny when buying stuff.
so kindly do your part in appreciating lowballers and keeping this forum alive with peace and harmony.
salute!

Don't understand this thread ...
So are u a lowballer? Do you like to low ball? :)

I think it is a basic courtesy to respect the seller when a seller say price is firm. If a buyer is keen to buy at the asking price then contact the seller. If the selling price is too high then do not contact the seller since he say price is firm.

But phase like "do not low ball" .. Do help a lot ... I seldom get low ballers when I specify these phases. This is something I appreciate a lot.

Last edited:
Sellers set prices so high that even lowballers won't attempt to lb ...... :bsmilie:

Lowballers ask for it.....to be treated that way

I think it is okay to ask for lower price. If no deal, then reject politely or don't reply. Don't need to be rude. It reflects on yourself.

On the other hand, some seller quote high and unreasonable prices, eg higher that shop price. Should we post our comments?

We can always use other wording like price is firm or non-negotiable.

Haha. Like to. But then sure get slam for spoiling market. If not buying, stay away.

I think it is okay to ask for lower price. If no deal, then reject politely or don't reply. Don't need to be rude. It reflects on yourself.

On the other hand, some seller quote high and unreasonable prices, eg higher that shop price. Should we post our comments?

We can always use other wording like price is firm or non-negotiable.
3 hip hip hoorah for you my friend!!

Don't understand this thread ...
So are u a lowballer? Do you like to low ball? :)

I think it is a basic courtesy to respect the seller when a seller say price is firm. If a buyer is keen to buy at the asking price then contact the seller. If the selling price is too high then do not contact the seller since he say price is firm.

But phase like "do not low ball" .. Do help a lot ... I seldom get low ballers when I specify these phases. This is something I appreciate a lot.

nah,,just saying lowballers should be appreciated for their bravery.cheers mate!!

While its at stage of making enquires, its OK to ask for lower price.

Its those B@stards who pretend to agree to the seller's price, then meet up, and try to lowball on the spot. This is very unprofessional. They r hoping that the seller will give in due to time wastage and desperation. Very ungentleman.

Its those B@stards who pretend to agree to the seller's price, then meet up, and try to lowball on the spot. This is very unprofessional. They r hoping that the seller will give in due to time wastage and desperation. Very ungentleman.

I kena once with such a gentlemanly b@stard too when I was letting go of my Oly EM1........ wolf in sheep's clothing ......... hard to forget and you know who you are ...... you slimeball ........ #@^%&###@!!!!>"&%!!!

It's okay to ask for lower price, but it's also okay to specify 'no lowballers' right? Saves both parties the trouble. Lowballers know who they don't need to waste time asking, sellers don't need to entertain lowballers. Win-win.

I always welcome lowballers. I would gladly accept your ridiculous offer and arrange for a meet. Now whether I turn up or not is a completely different story. You've been warned.....

yap, damn annoying. was going to withdraw the sale.

So how do people label low ballers? Is there a percentage threshold or some unwritten rule?

And what is really reasonable to bargain for a good price? 10%-15%? Or $20-$50 off asking price?

Firm or not nego should be pretty clear, and not enough people actually use such terms.

I always welcome lowballers. I would gladly accept your ridiculous offer and arrange for a meet. Now whether I turn up or not is a completely different story. You've been warned.....

Well done!

So how do people label low ballers? Is there a percentage threshold or some unwritten rule?

And what is really reasonable to bargain for a good price? 10%-15%? Or $20-$50 off asking price?

For something as subjective as this, everyone has their own threshold/interpretation.
Hence, the usefulness of spelling out what to expect to set expectations right.

Firm or not nego should be pretty clear, and not enough people actually use such terms.

That's what I thought but you'll be surprised. I've used "Price is fixed, non-negotiable" in the past but lowballers seem to be blind to these phrases, so end up it's best to state it clearly via "No lowballers".

Last edited:
Sometimes some ppl try their luck. As long as its at the enquiry stage, its OK. No need to reply to them.