Save Mandai Orchid Garden thread - Share your experiences

For me, the lens I used then was Nikon AFS 500mmf/4D IF-ED II plus TC-14EII. :)

Dear All, the following message is from MOG.

Quote:

My name is Alice Mendoza and I am the part-time marketing, educational and heritage consultant at Mandai Orchid Garden.

As you might have read in the Straits Times report, Hedrick, the Garden's curator of orchids, Mark, the artist-in-resident and myself has formed a 'Save-the-Heritage-Garden' committee.

We are therefore very pleased and thrilled about your blog - THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

I would like to take this opportunity to invite you - please extend the invite to your Clubsnap thread - to the Singapore Orchid Show, which is part of the Singapore Garden Festival.

We are putting up a historical retrospective display - a homage to the history and heritage of Mandai Orchid Garden, our founders and so on.

You will have to get tickets though - it's $8 per person for weekdays and $12 for weekend.

The Garden Festival will be open to the public from 15 July to 22 July.

Please keep up with the fantastic work - BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS!!

Best Regards,

Alice

Unquote:

Please keep adding to this thread! :)

Courtesy of Ccplim from Avian Watch Asia (AWA), an outing at MOG in 2005.

MOG01.jpg

MOG02.jpg

MOG03.jpg

MOG04.jpg

MOG05.jpg

skfoo, thanks for starting this thread and bringing up the awareness that this Eden is at stake. It inspired the local Pentax community to head out to MOG to have their monthly outing in July.

K7JP2165.jpg

Here are the shots taken :
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=726090

Thanks for starting the thread TS. Here is my share taken last Sunday with a group of macro photographers.

#1 The equipments n gadgets
4788842917_9679a0b4d4_b.jpg

#2 Macro shots
4782100733_7dc624ce12_b.jpg

4782420432_1192da7c0b_b.jpg

#4 Green Lizard
4781747841_9c38f49494_b.jpg

By the way, i did ask the lady at the counter and she was not aware of the situation

skfoo, thanks for starting this thread and bringing up the awareness that this Eden is at stake. It inspired the local Pentax community to head out to MOG to have their monthly outing in July.
Nice shot of the DF! :) Love the catchlights on the eyes ;)

Thanks for starting the thread TS. Here is my share taken last Sunday with a group of macro photographers
Nice macro shots, sagita. Love the green-crested lizard shot! ;)

Inspired by all great pictures in this thread, so I decided to pay a visit to MOG yesterday before it is closed.

Here is my contribution:

4790251708_e9fc33bde4_b.jpg

4789619583_c77239fa4b_b.jpg

Inspired by all great pictures in this thread, so I decided to pay a visit to MOG yesterday before it is closed. Here is my contribution:
Like the way the olive-backed sunbird looking at you & you snap it in time & nice clean bg. Nice shot of the crimson sunbird too! :)

Nice shots you guys have! Good luck and shoot more. ;)

Lovely rare resident bird, Straw-headed Bulbul. :thumbsup: