Save in psd after raw editing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonKing

Dec 6, 2005
Singapore
Hi everyone,after i do my correction in adobe raw,do i save the raw file into psd file so i can do further editing in photoshop?Or is it better to convert to jpeg first?

Hi everyone,after i do my correction in adobe raw,do i save the raw file into psd file so i can do further editing in photoshop?Or is it better to convert to jpeg first?

u can save it in tiff to keep the original intact, without compression. if u have alot of images, then maybe jpg is a better option, as tiff files are huge.

all that said, i wouldn't use ACR to convert raw files... it kinda sux..

Hmm.. I won't recommend converting to .jpg as it is a very "lossy" format; compromising on the image quality for a smaller file size. By the time you start editing in photoshop, it's already "degraded".

If possible, stick to .tiff as to what joho has mentioned. Else .psd should work just as well.

Cheers

u can save it in tiff to keep the original intact, without compression. if u have alot of images, then maybe jpg is a better option, as tiff files are huge.

all that said, i wouldn't use ACR to convert raw files... it kinda sux..

Hahaha,which raw converter would you recommend?Saw your weddings pictures,good stuff :thumbsup:

I believe each camera make had its own Raw Convertor like Nikon and Fuji. If you use Nikon, the RAW format is .nef which you can put in PS CS. C1-Pro is considerable too. :)

save in tiff...you can retain layers and masks and all sorts of Photoshop goodness, while having a smaller file saved compared to PSD...and if you use non-destructive compression like lzh or zip in your tiff, your files will be even smaller...I recommend using lzh instead of zip though, because zip compressed tif doesn't give you a thumbnail in Windows browsers...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.