Saturday Sunrise Shoot - Lower Seletar Reservoir

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabee

Mar 12, 2009
Upper Serangoon
www.flickr.com
Just a small informal shoot for people who want to shoot sunrise this Saturday. Tripods are a must if you want to get shots early on before the sun comes up. Breakfast session after shoot for the hungry ones. Usually after breakfast we'll walk about the nearby areas and continue shooting. There's no obligation to stay and everyone of course go whenever they want. I'm not very familiar with the area, so anyone staying nearby who wants to play tour guide is welcomed :)

Map: http://www.gothere.sg/maps#q:59029
Date: 6th Feb 2010
Time: 6:30am

Contact Person: sabee - (Ken: 91990523)

How to get there by public transport: 39, 85, 851, 852, 853, 853C, 854, 855, 857, 858, 965, 969

Limited to 10 people for now

"Organizer":
1. sabee (Ken)

"Participants":

Last edited:
Hi guys...wont be joining but some suggestions for aftershoot activities:

!) can go to the stadium across the road to shoot some atheletics ( sometimes if lucky got school event )

2) there will be dragon boats / canoeing practice at the reservoir every saturday ard 9 am onwards..you wud need at least 200mm zooms though

3) opp the stadium is the new bottletree village where they have prawn fishing / pond fishing / guppies catching...and i think there's a nursery there with lots of flora to shoot too

4) if driving can go to the Yishun Dam side for some landscape shoot where you can oso drive all the way in to seletar camp for some nostalgic shoot

5) can take a bus down to bus terminal and take a short walk to SAFRA Yishun for some rockclimbing and outdoor activities SSS

6) can oso go to the beach via sembawang road for sunrise shoot next time

Happy SSS !!! Regards !

Thanks sabee for the invitation... busy studying for the month. can only join u guys in march :(
but i shall learn from your photos from seletar :)

"Organizer":
1. sabee (Ken)

"Participants":
1. Hershey Desai.
2. Southundeep (tx for the invite, tbc)

ken: where to meet exactly? train station, bus station or ...

You can click the "map" in the original post, there is a bus stop indicated there marked as "A", seems like a good place to meet because there are many many buses servicing that stop. Can also click on the busstop itself to view services to it etc.

I'm not sure if that location is ideal, but the sun is rising around 105-110 degrees from the North, so if you want to have shots of the sun creeping over the treeline, its probably best to to set up in a northwest area which happens to be near the busstop. I think people who have been there before might be able to give better suggestions :D

You can click the "map" in the original post, there is a bus stop indicated there marked as "A", seems like a good place to meet because there are many many buses servicing that stop. Can also click on the busstop itself to view services to it etc.

I'm not sure if that location is ideal, but the sun is rising around 105-110 degrees from the North, so if you want to have shots of the sun creeping over the treeline, its probably best to to set up in a northwest area which happens to be near the busstop. I think people who have been there before might be able to give better suggestions :D

Most welcome sabee!!! Yup...usually the line to the sunrise is from the bus stop straight towards almost the tip of the jetty. You can take a) from the bustop ( thru some trees ) b) after the MRT track near the edge of the reservoir or c) from the jetty itself. Pt B wud be most appropriate as you will have the jetty in as the foreground. However from the jetty itself...you will be able to capture the reflection of the sun's rays on the reservoir if the sky is clear and you get a good "egg yolk" sunrise

Last edited:
Hmmm ... I drive by there almost everyday to go to work. But by that time, the sun is already way up. Will drive to work REAL early one of these days :sweatsm:

A question to dev2k8 -
Sorry to ask .. but in your flickr you mentioned yishun jetty, would this be referring to the jetty at lower seletar reservoir ?

Thanks for answering !

dev2k8 has some nice idea for after shoot activities...
but first on the list should be to eat something.

6am..at upper seletar...sooo early and so far away...

hershey, can wake up that early? lol! Missed you last saturday at the zoo!

"Organizer":
1. sabee (Ken)

"Participants":
1. Hershey Desai.
2. Southundeep (tx for the invite, tbc)
3. Mazhenghe (I live in khatib. Those who want breakfast later can go to khatib city later)

"Organizer":
1. sabee (Ken)

"Participants":
1. Hershey Desai.
2. Southundeep (confirm! too good to resist)

"Organizer":
1. sabee (Ken)

"Participants":
1. Hershey Desai.
2. Southundeep (confirm! too good to resist)
3. Mazhenghe ( seems my name disappeared.:confused:)

Sabee,

I can't join you guys this shoot... gotta do chinatown shopping for new year goodies... hopefully can steal some time for some shots...

Yes, agree with Dev2k8 ...
Bottletree village opposite the stadium... and seletar camp is nice...

Seletar camp, if you go to Sunset Grill & Bar (famous for their hot and spicy buffalo wings... slurp!! ) area near the hangar there are a couple of private jets parked there in the open hangar... (Its illegal... but still ... I stole some shots of the jets from some distance away.. before I was chased away..)

I can't join you guys are I have another shoot. But do remember to shoot the wooden jetties.

Have fun...

4039122874_d889141c81.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.