Sars!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NitroTech

Apr 4, 2002
In Paradise
Visit site
Reuters News reports that Taiwan has a confirmed SARS case. And this guy visited Singapore from 7-10th Dec for a seminar.....

What wonder what seminar...?? And who else is in that seminar...

i dun think there's any cause for alarm...

http://www.straitstimes.com.sg/latest/story/0,4390,225782,00.html?

The patient is a 44-year-old lieutenant-colonel who had been studying severe acute respiratory syndrome at the National Defence University, according to a news release issued by Taiwan's Centre for Disease Control (CDC).

He might have contracted the virus in the laboratory on Dec 5, during an experiment on Sars, CDC director Su Yi-jen said.

Reuters News Link

Link of Channel News Asia

From Channel News Asia :
TAIPEI : A man in Taiwan has been confirmed to have SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome), health officials said on Wednesday.

AFP said the man, a 44-year-old lieutenant-colonel working at the Institute of Preventive Medicine of National Defense Medical Center, may have been infected when conducting research on the virus in a laboratory on December 5.

The patient developed fever the night of December 10 after he returned from Singapore where he attended a medical seminar. He visited Singapore on December 7-10.

theITguy said:
Dun think we need to fear. Life and death is part of a life cycle. Just live happily meaningfully everyday.

I'm not afraid of dying..... Just worried about the economy slumping again.

NitroTech said:
I'm not afraid of dying..... Just worried about the economy slumping again.

the share market is already :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

therat said:
the share market is already :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

Ya man!! it was doing so well this morning up until 10am!!! Then it just went down the drain...... 1 person tested positive for SARS, STI down 18pts. If more tested positive....... Hmmmm well, I dare not think.....

NitroTech said:
Ya man!! it was doing so well this morning up until 10am!!! Then it just went down the drain...... 1 person tested positive for SARS, STI down 18pts. If more tested positive....... Hmmmm well, I dare not think.....
Go for those company's shares that deal with export (international) not local or regional markets, this will minimise the impact. If nothing goes wrong, next quarter we will see better market performance. ;)
I might be wrong though.

sars is only infectious when the person develops a fever and the guy only developed it when he returned to taiwan so i dun think there's any cause for concern yet.

aiya, die die lah.

There is this word saying
"
18 years later, you will be another nice guy
"

Status
Not open for further replies.