SARs come back !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelLee

May 19, 2003
JB, SG
Health Ministry confirms 27-old Singaproean man has SARs. Appears to be single isolated case. Has quarantined 25 people.

16:35 09Sep2003 RTRS-SINGAPORE HEALTH MINISTRY SAYS CONFIRMS 27-YR OLD SINGAPOREAN MAN HAS SARS
16:36 09Sep2003 RTRS-SINGAPORE SARS PATIENT APPEARS TO BE SINGLE ISOLATED CASE - HEALTH MINISTRY
16:37 09Sep2003 RTRS-SINGAPORE SAYS HAS QUARANTINED 25 PEOPLE IN CONNECTION WITH NEW SARS CASE
16:52 09Sep2003 RTRS-Singapore confirms new SARS case

SINGAPORE, Sept 9 (Reuters) - Singapore's Ministry of Health confirmed on Tuesday that a 27-year-old man had contracted SARS, the world's first case of the deadly virus since the World Health Organisation declared a global outbreak over on July 5.
"A repeat of the PCR tests was done at the National University Hospital laboratory today and was confirmed positive," the ministry said in a statement, referring to PCR technology that amplifies genetic material in samples from patients to test for SARS.
SARS originated in southern China and was spread early this year to 30 countries by travellers. It infected nearly 8,500 people globally. More than 800 died, including 33 in Singapore.

Hi wong_se, just curious but where did you get this news from? You have exclusive access to reuters news?

probably from a reuters terminal at work.

anyhow, how do you get a single isolated case? this fella has not visited china or any sars-infected areas, how does he catch the virus? i'm sure the virus do not manifest itself out of thin air. interesting thought, the labs in NUS are filled with PRC peeps............

wacko said:
anyhow, how do you get a single isolated case? ............

I dun know. I just copy and paste from Reuters. It is true that the patient has not been travelling lately. Health Ministry has no idea (as of now) how did the patient kena the virus from ??

Status
Not open for further replies.