Sarray - Another series

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamasaint

Jan 26, 2003
www.lightedpixels.com
HI... did this for Jeff Chung Models on a time for print basis. My one and perhaps only =)

ANyway...here are the pics to share... I had reservists recall that day! Hahaha.... Almost couldnt make it for the shoot but thanks to Rodney(EOS500) and Melvin(Melly) who helped. These are my shots taken in the later part of the afternoon. Cheers

30309630.jpg

30309628.jpg

30309629.jpg

30309627.jpg

First and last?
Welcome to JC model shoot Kel!
wahahha

Neway really love ur 1st and 3rd pix
The bokeh is simply just surreal too!
were these from the legendary 85 f/1.8.

- Bob

yo dudes.

my personal take for this series is that the model's face is too... rigid.

from the first pic to the last pic the facial expression muchiam same one.

Clown said:
yo dudes.

my personal take for this series is that the model's face is too... rigid.

from the first pic to the last pic the facial expression muchiam same one.
she's a new model with little experience in posing n such. at the same time we decided dat she looks better w/o smiling. which explains the expressions. we do have other varieties of shots but choose not 2 display them. ;)

Kelvin and EOS500N.....

A very good piece of work. I think it's excellent that both of you are bold enough to shoot amatuer model like her. I can vouch to everyone that one thing......IT'S NOT EASY!

You have executed very well indeed. It's always refreshing to see something different. Model's face maybe rigid but I think she has a own style and personality.

Another thing is Kelvin has done the right thing by not showing her smiling as she would not fit the bill as a smiling person. She is definately better off with a cool look.

Meanwhile EOS500N took on a different angle which is something different again. I like it......KEEP IT UP GUYS!!!!!

Thank you

Pro Image said:
Kelvin and EOS500N.....

A very good piece of work. I think it's excellent that both of you are bold enough to shoot amatuer model like her. I can vouch to everyone that one thing......IT'S NOT EASY!

You have executed very well indeed. It's always refreshing to see something different. Model's face maybe rigid but I think she has a own style and personality.

Another thing is Kelvin has done the right thing by not showing her smiling as she would not fit the bill as a smiling person. She is definately better off with a cool look.

Meanwhile EOS500N took on a different angle which is something different again. I like it......KEEP IT UP GUYS!!!!!

Thank you
wow! positive feedback from a pro! very encouraging! ;)

having taken some shots n experimenting with expressions & angles, the 3 of us concluded dat she turns out best with the "attitude baby" look. anyway nobody would want unflattering photos of them displayed rite?

n like u said its really NOT easy 2 work with a new model. i would say 70% of the work is done by the photog. have 2 constantly get her 2 change her poses n direct her in this n dat.

n since there were 3 of us we oso shot using lenses of different focal lengths. which will ensure we have a variety of perspectives.

thanx once again for yr feedback. but if there're any negative ones we'll oso welcome them. cheers! :)

EOS500N said:
wow! positive feedback from a pro! very encouraging! ;)

having taken some shots n experimenting with expressions & angles, the 3 of us concluded dat she turns out best with the "attitude baby" look. anyway nobody would want unflattering photos of them displayed rite?

n like u said its really NOT easy 2 work with a new model. i would say 70% of the work is done by the photog. have 2 constantly get her 2 change her poses n direct her in this n dat.

n since there were 3 of us we oso shot using lenses of different focal lengths. which will ensure we have a variety of perspectives.

thanx once again for yr feedback. but if there're any negative ones we'll oso welcome them. cheers! :)

Aiya I no pro lah....

I just think you guys are taking a different route which I use to do. If you keep shooting pretty girls all the time, there wouldn't be any challange at all. This model is very different. So good stuff. So far no negative on your skills

The only thing I am quite particular is the make-up. Her eyebrows is slightly long and thick which is not your fault. The next time if you see a girl like her, ask the make-up artist to thin down the eyebrows plus don't use dark eye shadows colours for big eyes model like her.

Use dark colours for small eyes models as this will enhance the size of the model's eyes and vice versa for big eyes.

This are just some tips I can give you but it varies from case by case. I usually study the model's feature first before I even attempt a shoot. You will be surprise what a good make-up artist can do...... make-up really helps a lot.

Pro Image said:
Aiya I no pro lah....

I just think you guys are taking a different route which I use to do. If you keep shooting pretty girls all the time, there wouldn't be any challange at all. This model is very different. So good stuff. So far no negative on your skills

The only thing I am quite particular is the make-up. Her eyebrows is slightly long and thick which is not your fault. The next time if you see a girl like her, ask the make-up artist to thin down the eyebrows plus don't use dark eye shadows colours for big eyes model like her.

Use dark colours for small eyes models as this will enhance the size of the model's eyes and vice versa for big eyes.

This are just some tips I can give you but it varies from case by case. I usually study the model's feature first before I even attempt a shoot. You will be surprise what a good make-up artist can do...... make-up really helps a lot.
n u said u're not a PRO! very good advice imho. i shan't comment on the make-up artist's skills cos she's with JC. but i'll definitely remember the make-up points u've mentioned. thanx! :D

Where are Melly's shots? :D

EOS500N said:
n u said u're not a PRO! very good advice imho. i shan't comment on the make-up artist's skills cos she's with JC. but i'll definitely remember the make-up points u've mentioned. thanx! :D

Hey EOS500N any more photos to show....? Well you are the photographer, you take control of the situation whenever you can.......and yes I know sometimes is beyond your control but give them some suggestions. As this is part of your learning experience......don't be afraid! :D

Pro Image said:
Hey EOS500N any more photos to show....? Well you are the photographer, you take control of the situation whenever you can.......and yes I know sometimes is beyond your control but give them some suggestions. As this is part of your learning experience......don't be afraid! :D
i was shooting pretty light dat day. melly got more n kelvin joined us later. i personally feel these 3 r the best of the lot. i dun really like the rest so i binned them. ;p

given the conditions n tight timings, its the best we could do dat day. but i muz say we should have done something about the make-up. juz like u mentioned.

EOS500N said:
i was shooting pretty light dat day. melly got more n kelvin joined us later. i personally feel these 3 r the best of the lot. i dun really like the rest so i binned them. ;p

given the conditions n tight timings, its the best we could do dat day. but i muz say we should have done something about the make-up. juz like u mentioned.

Nevermind, there is always a next time. I learn the hard way as well in the past......

Status
Not open for further replies.