Sapa and Halong Bay Vietnam...anyone care to share experience of do's and dont's?'

i should not cost you anything more than USD40 if its a day trip to halong bay,

hi, just to ask....what agency can i get tours to halong around uSD40?
i saw the sinh cafe website and it is around 200usd? not sure if i made a mistake or what. pls advice

3D2N in halong is usually about US$60 for the lowest grade, which was quite acceptable for me. those costing US$200 are probably the better boats and perhaps better meals. :devil:

If you're going to be there from 15-24 dec, you can do more days in sapa. In that case, don't bother taking a tour. Just book the train tickets and off you go!

From Lao cai station, there are mini buses that'll bring you to town, just specify the accom that you want to be dropped off. If I go back again, I'd like to stay at those places with the view of the valleys.... sigh, looks so nice there. When there, get a good map and go walk the trails, you can arrange a homestay there if you want or climb fansipan if you're up to a challenge! As for halal food... erm, yeah, i dun recall seeing any. but if you're not fussy, there are places to eat non-pork dishes. And yes, it's cold at night. bout 7-10 when i was last there in dec.

Halong bay.. given your time there, can do a 3d2n trip with 1 day at cat ba islands. The real sinhcafe arranges mid-ranged trips which are fairly comfy and not too ex. I spend US$69 for 2d1n. 3d2n should be about US$80ish? don't do a day trip, which will be a big rush because it's a 2-3hr ride to the harbour

To get a feel of the other activities, you can also pick up a sinh cafe brochure or check their website then either arrange with them (which is good value to me) or self arrange/drive.

Hi guys, Im heading to Hanoi + Sapa for a 6days trip. Was wondering what set up did you guys bring? Are the scenery over there spectacular ?

Hi guys, Im heading to Hanoi + Sapa for a 6days trip. Was wondering what set up did you guys bring? Are the scenery over there spectacular ?

Depends on your lenses, and your like when travel (travel light / travel in full gears for satisfaction

In any case, no need flash. I always bring Tripod

I can provide u contacts. Let me know. I was in there in Jan 10. 2D1N-Halong Bay then 2D2N in Sapa then followed by 2D1N in Hanoi! Very beautiful!