Sanyo Xacti HD2000... but it doesn't record in 24/fps! ARGH!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah but does the HMX20 have a mic input jack? I googled the specs online, seems like it doesn't have... otherwise it'd be great! :/

Oops just saw your earlier post on implementing a preamp into the headphone jack... Does that work well, really?

I can't find a headphone amp in the shops here. As a stop gap measure I have attached my Edirol R-09 wav recorder to the camera. The Edirol comes with line-in, mic-in, VU meter, AGC, and headphones out. I split the Edirol headphone output in two, one for the Samsung mic input and one for my earbuds. So I monitoring the recording on the Edirol and feeding the output to the Samsung. If the connection is good, I get syched audio in my footage. If not, I still have the monitored audio seperately on my Edirol. The Edirol is even (electric shaver sized) smaller than a beachtek, juicedlink or Sign video preamp. In fact it is smaller than the coiled up AV cables I would need to monitor from the camera directly.

Wah. So you're using the Edirol as a mic? The Edirol R-09 is too exp for me.

Well, the search for the perfect 25fps small video camera continues for me...

From warehouse123.com - USD$779 excl. shipping.

I don't really care for Image Stabilisation... will put it on tripod where possible. It's just that I saw some really nice clips and samples shot with the predecessor HD1000. But the 30fps really bugs me.

After couple week, I found the price dropped down to US $557 excel shipping. I want to upgrade to HD2000 now! Is there any different between the VPC-HD2000 and VPC-FH1?

may i know why ppl like to buy from warehouse123.com?
i find that the price is somehow close to prices from simlim and lucky plaza. and if buy from warehouse123, there will be no warranty, right?

<Wah. So you're using the Edirol as a mic? The Edirol R-09 is too exp for me.>

I just bought a simple RCA female to minijack female adapter cable from Sim Lim for $5.50. Surprise, surprise! If you use the RCA AV out from the HMX20 and connect a pair of headphones to the RCA audio end via the adapter, you can monitor the audio with your headphones. No boosteroo needed. Problem solved for just $5.50.

may i know why ppl like to buy from warehouse123.com?
i find that the price is somehow close to prices from simlim and lucky plaza. and if buy from warehouse123, there will be no warranty, right?

price is good and quick delivery! They also offer some freebies...the camera will have 1 year warranty.

international or US local warranty? if US local warranty is as good as no warranty.

yes..true.
i email them regarding the warranty.

they just reply " the warranty will be covered by warehouse123.com"

so i do not know exactly how it works..

wanted to buy this Sanyo Xacti HD2000, but its wierd that Courts,Harvey,Best doesnt carry this at all.
only SLS and LP shops sells them...so i was wondering if i should get locally from these stalls or warehouse123.com

anyone?

after bargaining with those notorious SLS salesman, i finally know why everyone rather order from warehouse123.com

eventually i also ordered from warehouse123, haha.
cost me US$584 including shipping. i guess i rather not have the warranty then to let those SLS salesman "chop" me! haha.
take note. guys.

Yeah I would rather buy online than deal with shitty salesmen and stingy/miserly sellers. Cos bargaining is not my forte.

Good for you! Hope you enjoy using the camera, do provide feedback here if you have time.

im waiting for the Fedex man to arrive. rder on 5th. should be arriving today anytime...
will update here..dun worry

international or US local warranty? if US local warranty is as good as no warranty.

you actually need to ship the camera back to HK and the camera will be repaired by HK Sanyo. They fixed my HD2 before and the turn around time is around 2 weeks.

warehouse 123 is selling the HK's "Grey import" sets.. therefore sanyo HK is not gonna fix for u . I was in HK and the grey sets price is similar to what warehse123 is quoting while the official sets are much more expensive.

what happens when u sent back to warehouse123 is that they will confirm the problem and sent it back to Japan to fix (as grey sets hv local japan warranty... normally very fast..within 1-2 wks they will sent back to HK as HK is a major place selling direct imported japanese sets) .. however, if u are in HK.. most shop will give u a new set within a short time period if its cannot be fixed locally. The service provided by some local shops is actually even better then the authorised importers.

For Spore case, Xacti is bring in by a shop in peninsula plaza, they are pretty rude so i am not sure what u will get if u need to return the local Spore set to them for service.

Last edited:
warehouse 123 is selling the HK's "Grey import" sets.. therefore sanyo HK is not gonna fix for u . I was in HK and the grey sets price is similar to what warehse123 is quoting while the official sets are much more expensive.

TSQ, are you sure that they will send the camera it to Japan? Since last time, the camera return to me pretty quick. Btw, do you get a VPC or DMX mode? All the camera I got from warehouse123 are VPC model.

For Spore case, Xacti is bring in by a shop in peninsula plaza, they are pretty rude so i am not sure what u will get if u need to return the local Spore set to them for service.

Yeah! I'm not going to let them earn single penny from my pocket!

TSQ, are you sure that they will send the camera it to Japan? Since last time, the camera return to me pretty quick. Btw, do you get a VPC or DMX mode? All the camera I got from warehouse123 are VPC model.

when i was in HK.. yes they do sent it back but only if they dont hv new stock / the model is too old for then to hv fast turnover..

if the item is still current, they will give u a new set, while they will sell away the replacement set of ur faulty one which will comes in later.. so probably this is your case.

In Japan, there is no need of receipt to prove ur ownership.. u just need the warranty card. All their sales of local market products are computerized so they know when its produced, and when its sold (roughly), and since all parallel imported one in to HK are from Japan, they will just honour the warranty when the item is sent back to them via a local Japanese agent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.