Sanyo Xacti CG10 review

Status
Not open for further replies.

glitzel

Jan 7, 2010
Hi all! Im very new here. :)

I hope u all can help me out with the review.

I just bought a new duo-cam by sanyo.This is my first purchase. Sanyo xacti vpc cg10. a HD 10 megapixels camcorder.

honestly, i bought it for my school projects and it is really beyond by budget. The salesperson was really good in psycho-ing me (n recommendg me a 600 odd sony one and this sanyo one). into getting one when my plan was just to browse:confused: and i cannot sleep because of this. Was it a good buy or did my money go to my naiviety? :cry:

I have yet to try it. but i juz need some assurance regarding my purchase. the cost of it was$998 with a kingston 8GB SD card
and an extra batt another $60 (accordg to salesperson U.P: $150)
so grand total was $1058..(according to the salesperson he gave me a one-day pre-renovation price 50% off)

I saw the reviews online abt the price and i got upset. it is less than S$500. but cant say cuz its online right.. so how? any idea? i felt like kena cheated.

hope i get a positive results... or just shoot me even if the truth hurts.

i bought it from sim lim sq. that is why i do not know if i were to trust the salesperson.

since it retails for <200usd... you're pretty much screwed over.

Another sad story...
did you get a receipt. Maybe you can scan it and post it here.

100% kenna chopped.

let me guess, the shop name starts with S? Sxxx xxxxxxxx?
R S T L N E.

SG price of sanyo is way overpriced.

i got mine from HERE months back, which i later sold it off.

oh my that's terrible.. what's the shop's name?

well... i would love to post my full receipt here with the name but u c.... i think we kinda cant 'defame' others here..u nv know who's around. whatever it is... the clue is its e first shop wen u c wen u go up the escalator on the second floor. haaaaah! i think its pretty obvious!!!

i went around to 4-5 shops and the price range was $350-$450. i asked my friend to go to the shop i bought it from and ask how much the price was.. another salesperson said $350 :eek: and then thats when i went into the shop.

i hv the video recording of the conversation. it was realli frustrating. i asked them how could this be. (the salesperson who sold me the item was away on leave) so i was told to speak to another person (not the one who quoted the $350 price). and he was fidgeting and doing other stuff for 5mins (all super slowly,taking his time and sms-ing) and then... he said, "who quoted the $350?", and we pointed to the other salesperson who is by now red-faced and startled, then he paused eye-ing the other guy until he calmly replied..."it's business"(matter-of-fact tone).

whaaat!!!:angry:

my friend prodded a question what if we were to get another of the same one.. a 2nd piece..and would we pay $350 or $1058? and his answer was... "i cant give you the $350 price because you bought the other one for $1058, so the second one will stil be $1058"(in a sluggish act big tone)

aaaaargh!!!!!!! what the hell is this!

A photo says a thousand words

there is no shame and no wrong in publishing a photo of the original reciept ............ then u dont even have to mention the name of shop..... otherwise hard to believe your claim

if you post a doctored or forged reciept..... then YES, you can get into trouble

but if your reciept is REAL and issued by the shop......... whats the problem ?

link the video conversation you said you recorded too

Otherwise....... dont waste time here with unsubstantiated whining about your situation........ you could well be their competitor spreading unsubstantiated rumours

This is a community that helps one another with REAL and VERIFIED evidence/proof .........

Last edited:
hi glitzel,

so how much did you get your camera for? i got mine + additional compatible battery with all the neccessary accesories for less than $700.. from this shop called square united cam, the sales person told me that he had given me a very special price, due to renovation... and till i browsed this weblink, then i found out that the cost of the camera could have been even lower... hmmz .. did we get ripped off??

Last edited:
from what i saw from the reviews, i guess i got ripped off from this deal.. as lot of sources posted pricing less than SGD$350... hmmz... i guess i could have done abit more research rather than zooming into buying a dual cam corder straight. Initially, i wanted to just get a digi cam which cost me less than $400... set my eyes on nikon and sony... then came the sales talk... i guess i need to learn a lesson from this... though partially of this amount could be claimed....

from what i saw from the reviews, i guess i got ripped off from this deal.. as lot of sources posted pricing less than SGD$350... hmmz... i guess i could have done abit more research rather than zooming into buying a dual cam corder straight. Initially, i wanted to just get a digi cam which cost me less than $400... set my eyes on nikon and sony... then came the sales talk... i guess i need to learn a lesson from this... though partially of this amount could be claimed....

Many others before you have made the same kind of mistakes and have posted their stories here on Clubsnap before. You COULD have learnt from them first no?

So much info available online. Don't be a victim of your own laziness.

EDIT: And for everyone's information, the Xacti CG10 was even in the mainstream Digital Life paper that comes with the Straits Times around late last year. I believe the RRP was $400 whereabouts.

Last edited:
i still havnt gotten the chance to call up sanyo and ask for their rrp.. however, comparing this with sony, canon and other brands of camcorders, i would say that the price should be quite ok .. as the lowest rrp for the other brands are at least $599... hmmz .. so whether ripped of or not .. the verdict is not passed yet.

http://www.canon.com.sg/compare/price/?cat=4&type=Digital Camcorders

http://www.sony.com.sg/product/Comp...DCR-SX60E&models=DCR-DVD650E&models=DCR-HC52E

Many others before you have made the same kind of mistakes and have posted their stories here on Clubsnap before. You COULD have learnt from them first no?

So much info available online. Don't be a victim of your own laziness.

EDIT: And for everyone's information, the Xacti CG10 was even in the mainstream Digital Life paper that comes with the Straits Times around late last year. I believe the RRP was $400 whereabouts.

hihi ,

didnot thought i would need info on a camcorder in the first place cos i just wanted to get a digicam.. then came the camcorder... with additional functions the price quoted was just about $100 ++ more, hence, didnot really paid much attention to it.. nontheless, learnt a valuable lesson :)

That sure is an expensive lesson...

Lesson learnt. Close case and enjoy your videocam. :)

Just remember this lesson when you want to buy something. If unsure, go to places like harvey norman, courts, at least they won't chop.

Status
Not open for further replies.