Sanyo vs GP

Status
Not open for further replies.

picky

Nov 25, 2004
Hi CSer,
I am just back from Chicago.

It was surprising me that my Sanyo rechargeable batt easly dead (5 shoots) compare to GP.
Condition of Batt: Sanyo (just openned one day before my departure date), GP used few times.
Temperature was -2deg C.

Do you have this problem?

Hi CSer,

It was surprising me that my Sanyo rechargeable batt easly dead (5 shoots) compare to GP.
Condition of Batt: Sanyo (just openned one day before my departure date), GP used few times.
Temperature was -2deg C.

If new battery, only once charge, it can't hold its power like after you charge few times.

Sanyo 2500mAh also notorious for its self discharge.

Regards,
Arto.

Hi CSer,

Temperature was -2deg C.

Get the Sanyo Eneloops, rated 2000mAH and can retain power for up to a year.

Get the Sanyo Eneloops, rated 2000mAH and can retain power for up to a year.

Not the power retention over time issue here... but the discharge rate when used... ;)

If new battery, only once charge, it can't hold its power like after you charge few times.

Regards,
Arto.

I tried to re-charged again next day (can't believe) with Sanyo charger but still can't perform well in this kind of cold whether though... :(

Certainly no problem (for Sanyo) after I came back and used it here.

When I was in Beijing in Dec 2006 (temp -4 to 4 c) my Sanyo rechargeables perfrom only to about 3/4 of its capabilities as compared to when used in Singapore or other warmer climates.

They were used up noticeabily faster

I believe that the issue is heat... When the heat loss is too great for the batteries, they may tend to under-perform.

When I was in Beijing in Dec 2006 (temp -4 to 4 c) my Sanyo rechargeables perfrom only to about 3/4 of its capabilities as compared to when used in Singapore or other warmer climates.

They were used up noticeabily faster

Of cos....they batt life reduces in lower temperatures.

Regards,
Arto.

Yes, even the replacements from Heeren are bad too.

Yes, even the replacements from Heeren are bad too.

As much as I hate witchhunts but I am very disappointed with Sanyo and their're replacements.

It's such a gamble, some ok some ko.

Wish I have da time to test every individual batt one by one, might as well change a trustworthy brand. :thumbsup:

I am happy after buying a different brand.
Anyway, tats my personal experience.
:thumbsup: to those happen to have a good time with it. :)

than ...
What is a good brand of batt which will still perform well in cold whether?
(let say 5~15deg C)
Can recommend to me? as I may want to buy.

I think this is more of the property of NiMH batts.. can't work well in cold temperature..

Li-ion is fine though..

Brought cam and ext flash to a -20*C Ice room before. Fired flash once and that's it! The 4x 2500mah full charge Sanyo refuse to work! Can't recycle my flash at all! :bigeyes:

the flash draws tons of current to recharge. i'm not surprise the batteries failed on you. i saw a documentary on discovery channel awhile back and they said that their battery that could once hold a 120minute charge only lasted 20minutes in the snow..

I think this is more of the property of NiMH batts.. can't work well in cold temperature..

Li-ion is fine though..

Brought cam and ext flash to a -20*C Ice room before. Fired flash once and that's it! The 4x 2500mah full charge Sanyo refuse to work! Can't recycle my flash at all! :bigeyes:

ya..ya... I was facing this problem when used Sanyo-2500.
Fired once only than thats it although full charged. Sucks Sanyo batt !!!

GP-2500 still work much better in cold temperature.

Don't know if this would be of any relevance, but years ago I was into electic radio-controlled modelling (R/C) and Sanyo Ni-Cd cells were the most popular. Even the expensive batt. packs were made of cells manufactured by Sanyo.

Now, when I pick up an R/C magazine, I see that GP NiMH cells are the most popular. Hardly hear of Sanyo these days.

I've given up on Sanyo AAs already. Confidence somewhat shaken. Switched to Powerex and GP 2700s for use in my flashguns and so far they've been serving me well.

Don't know if this would be of any relevance, but years ago I was into electic radio-controlled modelling (R/C) and Sanyo Ni-Cd cells were the most popular. Even the expensive batt. packs were made of cells manufactured by Sanyo.

Now, when I pick up an R/C magazine, I see that GP NiMH cells are the most popular. Hardly hear of Sanyo these days.

I've given up on Sanyo AAs already. Confidence somewhat shaken. Switched to Powerex and GP 2700s for use in my flashguns and so far they've been serving me well.
Sanyo's Eneloop rechargeable battery is good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.