Sanyo Eneloop

vhgirish

Dec 18, 2008
Can I charge Sanyo Eneloop AA batteries using "Sanyo Ni-MH" charger? Will there be any problem? Thx.

no problem at all. when i bought my eneloop i ask the sales guy. he said as long as it from sanyo its relatively safe, so i charge using an earlier generation sanyo charger

but he reminded to check the charging output. he recommend a slow charge for other sanyo charger

There is no problem using older generation charger for Eneloop batts. In fact, I had used GP brand charger with Eneloop, no problem, just that it charge super slow.

Should be no problem. I'm also using GP charger with Eneloop, works fine till now

No probs. I charge my eneloops with a third party charger ;)

Can I charge Sanyo Eneloop AA batteries using "Sanyo Ni-MH" charger? Will there be any problem? Thx.
Sanyo Eneloop AA is a Ni-MH battery. Please read carefully on the battery or the package or check online.

should not have any problem . . . There isn't any ID in the batteries to state that it is from whichever brands . . . i uses many brands of rechargeable batteries too in different brand of chargers - so far no problem.

It is in the mind . . . :)

should not have any problem . . . There isn't any ID in the batteries to state that it is from whichever brands . . . i uses many brands of rechargeable batteries too in different brand of chargers - so far no problem.

It is in the mind . . . :)

how about something like sony batteries for sanyo eneloop charger?? will it have any side effects or whatever??

how about something like sony batteries for sanyo eneloop charger?? will it have any side effects or whatever??
As mentioned already above: please check that you have batteries of a cell type that can be charged with the charger you have. It is not about Sony, Sanyo or whatever brand (regardless what marketing gibberish is stated somewhere), is it about the technology in the cells:
- Ni-Cd (old, hardly used as rechargeable batteries for cameras these days)
- Ni-MH (standard type of rechargeable AA and AAA cells today)
- Li-Ion (standard for most specific batteries, e.g. cameras, mobile phones and others).
Make sure that your charger is able to charge the capacity of your cells (hint: it's the number with "mAh"). Older chargers might not be able to charger newer cells with bigger capacity.
Always use the charger designated to the cell technology. The side effects of using wrong charger can range from simply rendering the cell unusable up to firework effects.

Last edited:
most users here recommend MAHA to prolong battery life.