SANYO eneloop Ready to use Rechargeable Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelomoh

Mar 17, 2009
Just one question. I am quite new to this SANYO eneloop concept.
I heard that this battery will retain their charge for one year, so you do not need to recharge for one year.

Am I correct?

What I do not understand is that does the charge run out? Meaning if I keep using the battery does the charge always stays at 100% for one year. Or the charge will drop due to usage but not because of time. So if the charge goes out, I have to recharge again?

Your suspicion is correct, not 100% retained.

There is this thing called google and I typed "sanyo eneloop technology", click search, and got this link http://www.eneloop.info/
Over there on the left menu click on performance detail, then click on Self Discharge and I hope I dont have to translate the graph.

Phew... spoonfeeding is emotionally draining.

What I do not understand is that does the charge run out? Meaning if I keep using the battery does the charge always stays at 100% for one year. Or the charge will drop due to usage but not because of time. So if the charge goes out, I have to recharge again?

The question is rather about what happens if you DON'T use the batteries and they are just laying around. Normal batteries will discharge over the time. Eneloops will do it very slowly compared to normal rechargeable batteries, thus keeping the usable charge for a long time.
And yes, if charge goes out (be it due to usage or self-discharge) you have recharge again. Everything else is against the laws of Physics.

Meaning if I keep using the battery does the charge always stays at 100% for one year.

Dude, did you mean that a battery will remain at 100% charged for an entire year despite being utilized to power whatever electronic appliance you fancy? Then the simple answer is NO! Err... That would be defying physics, won't it?

The Sanyo Eneloop is simply better at retaining its charge when left idle or unsed than the other rechargable batteries. For example, say you charge the Eneloop and Rechargable Battery XXX to 100%, and leave both batteries untouched in, say, your drawer for the next 1 year.

Chances are, Eneloop will probably still have 90% of its charge whereas XXX may have less than 10%. This self-discharge is a natural phenomenon.

I heard that this battery will retain their charge for one year, so you do not need to recharge for one year.

Am I correct?

Wow if there is such a battery out there, the inventor must be DAMN rich!
Logically that sentence doesn't make sense right? As some have replied, it defies the laws of physics.
hehehe you ask, then kena suan.

is this a good brand? seems like there's quite a no of users for this

Am I correct?

Not 100% but up to 80%. There was once i've not used my eneloops for abt 3mths and the charge was still as gd as initial full recharge.

No, we always recommend the bad brands so that there is plenty of the good ones left for us.

[May contain irony.]

Only if you are a VERY low user and often leave the battery in the cupboard.

yes, it is good, i have tried sanyos, mahas, all just happily discharge within 1 or 2 days until i cry blood

yes, it is good, i have tried sanyos, mahas, all just happily discharge within 1 or 2 days until i cry blood

So fast meh??

I have like 20 powerEx 2700 sitting around and they still give me good results.

yar.. really cannot, i don't know why..

1 day only, become half charge, then my k100d will refuse to work properly..

now just give up, all use hybrid nimhs

yar.. really cannot, i don't know why..

1 day only, become half charge, then my k100d will refuse to work properly..

now just give up, all use hybrid nimhs

Hmmm... your camera very picky.... :bsmilie:

No, we always recommend the bad brands so that there is plenty of the good ones left for us.

[May contain irony.]

if u want to give such reply i rather u just read the thread, and click the top right close button :thumbsup:

if u want to give such reply i rather u just read the thread, and click the top right close button :thumbsup:

Haha! It's really another way of putting things... Really.

I got POWEREX & eneloop, both are good but eneloop hold charge longer ,however my POWEREX 2700 last longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.