Sanyo batteries exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wind30

Deregistered
Mar 14, 2004
Hi People,

For those people who have problems with Sanyo 2500maH batteries, you can exchange it yourself.

I contacted Sanyo via their website

http://www.energy.sanyo.com.sg/contact.asp

and someone emailed me and arranged an exchange at their office in Hereen. So I have done my exchange but it must be done during office hours.

Just for those who missed out on the AHV exhcange.

Cheers dude.....thanks for the info. So, those who miss my list .. you have to be there DURING OFFICE HOURS....MON TO FRI..and get your batteries replaced.

:)

I just came back from Sanyo's office. Exchanged a total of 20 batteries. I was asked to fill in a form with my particulars. The staff who attended to me was a very nice and polite lady. Service is :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What batteries were being exchanged? The same 2500mAh? Did they mention what's wrong with the batteries?

Thanks.

hmm sounds like fun, no problem also can change?

anyway, i jumbled up all my batteries... and some i tried testing, some with maha can't even charge fully, and the maha would have no lights on them... its pretty strange. i still have 1 unopened pack, can change too?

I'm using the MAHA charger and using it to charge my Sanyo 2500mAh batteries too. My Sanyo's batteries also drain off very fast! How do you know whether the Maha charge is able to charge to its fullest? Consider green light lit up, is consided fully charged?

that's great! :thumbsup:
do we need to email them before going down?

eric69 said:
I'm using the MAHA charger and using it to charge my Sanyo 2500mAh batteries too. My Sanyo's batteries also drain off very fast! How do you know whether the Maha charge is able to charge to its fullest? Consider green light lit up, is consided fully charged?

i used a battery tester for rechargables...

i tested on GP 2000 den if charge on a GP charger old type, only 3 bar, den take it out, put on MAHA to charge, den green light i test, full bar (5bar).

but i put Sanyo 2500 in 4 same batch, 2 now no light, 2 got light, test 2 no light 1, only 1 or 2 bar, den the other 2 only 3 or 4 bar even after green.. something wrong...

I'm losing faith in NiMH batteries. Seem like can't even trust that they can be lasting. Don't know which Brand is trustworthly. My SANYO (2300 & 2500 mAh), PowerEX (2000 mAh) batteries have been discharging so fast that I think my Olympus 1700mAh last twice as long!

sumball said:
What batteries were being exchanged? The same 2500mAh? Did they mention what's wrong with the batteries?

Thanks.

I exchanged the 2500mAh type. Sanyo will not exchange for others, according to the lady who attended to me. She said that some people actually tried to seize the opportunity to exchange the older 2100mAh & 2300mAh batteries. Since these are much older batteries, any problem encountered is likely due to them being old. This is because these types of batteries gradually lose their capacity to hold a charge as they are re-charged over and over again.

Rechargeable batteries do not last forever. There is a lifetime, usually expressed as maximum number of re-charge. I was also told that higher capacity batteries have shorter lifetimes i.e. they "die" after fewer number of recharges compared to lower capacity ones. :bigeyes:

Lenscapes said:
that's great! :thumbsup:
do we need to email them before going down?

I don't think it's really necessary but it would be a polite thing to do. Or you can call them - 67363100.

kietgnoel said:
I don't think it's really necessary but it would be a polite thing to do. Or you can call them - 67363100.

I think it is necessary to at least contact them by email or phone to make sure they have stock b4 going down. I got mine in an envelop with my name and collection time on it.

I have done my 12 pcs... very good service... pack and waiting for you to collect.
Wonder the performance will be improved or not...
:bigeyes:

I have 4 sets... think i will go down next week to change.
No wonder the performance seems to be dropping, 6 x AA on my F100 can only seem to last 3-4 rolls nowadays! :bheart:

I just called up Sanyo and was told by a gentleman, Mr Roland, that no exchanges will be made.

The batch that AhV collected has been sent back to Japan for analysis and if the samples are too small, then they will a 2nd exchange to obtain more faulty batt for testing. In the meantime, no exchanges.

Whatever it is, DO CALL first before going down, else may make a wasted trip.

For the record, I guess it is better to send them an email sales@sanyo-energy.com.sg stating yr name, contact, no of batteries, lot no and used on what equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.