Sanyo 2700 vs Sanyo Enelope

zkaii

Jan 5, 2009
Has anyone tried both of these sets of batteries? Wanna get some feedback on the lifespan and their power retention strength.

Get the Eneloops if you don't want to discharge and recharge your batteries just before using them. The normal rechargeable batteries just discharges too fast for my liking.

eneloop & recyko are the way to go batteries:thumbsup:

eneloop is better... u can leave it for months and when you need to use it, it still got plenty of juice unlike normal rechargeables.
in a way conserve energy :)

No use buying 2700 mAh batteries when you use them a few weeks later, you only have a 500 mAh charge :p But if you always charge your batteries the day before you use them, no harm I guess

Last edited:
If you have the habit of charging and discharging your NiMh regularly, it may give you more juice. If you don't, you'd be better off with the newer technology which has lesser memory effect and pretty low discharge rate which hold the charge for a longer time and makes it instantly available when you need it.

I am not aware people are still looking at rechargeable AA/AAA batteries that do not use Eneloop technology. :bsmilie:

Seriously, Eneloop ALL THE WAY!

But what does the 2700mAH do compared to the 2000mAH eneloops? I'm a bit confused here.

Higher mAH = shorter recycling time? Or brighter flash?

But what does the 2700mAH do compared to the 2000mAH eneloops? I'm a bit confused here.

Higher mAH = shorter recycling time? Or brighter flash?

Higher capacity. Think 2000 litre vs 2700 litre bucket.

Oops sorry if i post this topic in the wrng place but yes im a through and through canon user haha.

It feel that the difference is sayo 2700 can provide more shots compared to the enelope 2000 mAH but he enelope can retain power longer...which is a big plus.

Has anyone tried trekking mountains before...how do those trekkers retain their battery life for that long? i mean the enelope techonology only suface in recent years, so what kinda method did they use to retain battery life before that?

But, is it true that if use a battery retains its charge longer in a flash, the flash will have longer recycle time?

Higher capacity. Think 2000 litre vs 2700 litre bucket.

Ahh ok, makes sense. It's not "stronger" but has bigger capacity. So if I'm more prone to using a lot at 1 go, the 2700 makes sense but if I use only some at a time, then the eneloop may be better cos it retains charge longer.

Get the Enelope.

I bought a set of 4 Sanyo 2700 and I am not happy with it. Seems to lose charge really fast. It could be a bad batch. I have better experience with the "ready to use" kind such as Enelope.

Oops sorry if i post this topic in the wrng place but yes im a through and through canon user haha.

It feel that the difference is sayo 2700 can provide more shots compared to the enelope 2000 mAH but he enelope can retain power longer...which is a big plus.

Has anyone tried trekking mountains before...how do those trekkers retain their battery life for that long? i mean the enelope techonology only suface in recent years, so what kinda method did they use to retain battery life before that?

"fast" is relative here, the "non eneloops" lose charge faster but they don't lose all their charge in a matter of days.

TS, sorry to intercept your thread but I wanna ask is the 8 x AA enelope still available in the market?
Because I was unable to find one as most of the shops told me that they have no stock..
Is there anyone to clarify with this issue?

Thank you!

That is not true...i have 2 sets of sanyo27000 batts and they can lose charge dramatically after 2-3 days of non usage