Sanyo 2700 Ni-MH batteries


Status
Not open for further replies.

r52lanc

New Member
Feb 12, 2004
484
0
0
Bukit Timah
www.pbase.com
#1
Sanyo announced these back in November. They are not yet available in Singapore from what I can tell. Anyone have an update?

"By utilizing SANYO’s proprietary technology and further developing material along with precise battery design, improved battery capacity compared to SANYO’s AA sized Ni-MH 2500 series and AAA sized Ni-MH 900 series. The products are named ‘Ni-MH 2700 series’ and ‘Ni-MH 1000 series’ because they hold nominal capacity of 2700mAh and 1000mAh based on charge/discharge levels as established by JIS C8708 2004(4.2.1)."
 

wrx_sti_22b

Senior Member
Apr 14, 2005
4,968
2
38
42
Compassvale Lane
#2
Currently the most powerful AA Ni-Mh are these at 2800mAh.



I believe this is a Sanyo & Tamiya joint venture.
 

r52lanc

New Member
Feb 12, 2004
484
0
0
Bukit Timah
www.pbase.com
#3
Yes, but are they available in Singapore?

I saw GP 2600 and GP 2700 Ni-MH batteries for sale in Mustafa last week (2 for $12). A bit steep but they claim 1,000 cycles. The Sanyo's should be out soon.

BTW, whomever did the Tamiya battery's cover design should be fired immediately! So ugly! :bigeyes:


wrx_sti_22b said:
Currently the most powerful AA Ni-Mh are these at 2800mAh.



I believe this is a Sanyo & Tamiya joint venture.
 

Astin

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2002
4,736
0
36
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
#5
r52lanc said:
BTW, whomever did the Tamiya battery's cover design should be fired immediately! So ugly! :bigeyes:
For old guys who built Tamiya toys at teenage years, the Tamiya double-star logo is very cute lah!
 

gohaj

Senior Member
Nov 9, 2005
3,805
0
0
#6
TMC said:
They are out in Japan already with the new Eneloop batts.
Have you tried out the new Eneloop?
 

denniskee

Senior Member
Oct 26, 2003
5,468
2
0
bukit batok
Visit site
#7
noi dont understand, eneloop states the self discharge is very low. how does this affect the usage? i thought amp capacity is the only factor under the assumption that the rechargable battery does not have self discharge problem like the sanyo 2500mAh (old batch).:confused:
 

lsisaxon

Senior Member
Nov 29, 2004
11,941
0
0
#8
wrx_sti_22b said:
Currently the most powerful AA Ni-Mh are these at 2800mAh.



I believe this is a Sanyo & Tamiya joint venture.
I believe these probably have quite a high self-discharge because Tamiya hobbyists usually charge their batteries immediately before use anyway.
 

lsisaxon

Senior Member
Nov 29, 2004
11,941
0
0
#10
wrx_sti_22b said:
I using them... lasts a long time... Cost me abt $16 for a pack of 4.
How is the self discharge? If they are not too bad, I would like to consider these also. :)
 

TMC

Senior Member
Sep 4, 2004
6,321
0
0
Beyond Space-Time Continuum
#12
Unused and charged, regular rechargeable AAs lose their entire charge over a 1 year period. Eneloops are supposed to be able to hold at least 85% of their charge only over the same period when left unused.

Better performance in colder temperatures, but I dun think that matters to SGreans.
 

wrx_sti_22b

Senior Member
Apr 14, 2005
4,968
2
38
42
Compassvale Lane
#14
zcf said:
and please let us know where in singapore can we find it.
I bought them from Ebay since last year... I am not sure if local Tamiya 'Boutique', by a company called Stargek in Paya Lebar have a not...

StarGek Pte Ltd
Address: 178 Paya Lebar Road #01-03
Singapore 409030
Tel: 6746 2168
Fax: 67464678
email: cust.svc@stargek.com
 

clie

New Member
Dec 28, 2005
73
0
0
#16
denniskee said:
noi dont understand, eneloop states the self discharge is very low. how does this affect the usage? i thought amp capacity is the only factor under the assumption that the rechargable battery does not have self discharge problem like the sanyo 2500mAh (old batch).:confused:
:confused:
 

yanyewkay

Senior Member
Sep 22, 2004
3,924
0
0
Cons digger.
#17
TMC said:
Unused and charged, regular rechargeable AAs lose their entire charge over a 1 year period. Eneloops are supposed to be able to hold at least 85% of their charge only over the same period when left unused.

Better performance in colder temperatures, but I dun think that matters to SGreans.
store in fridge (not freezer) or wine chiller to simulate the cool climate? I read about this method over the net but never really tried it. Another conflicting info I read is that cold temperature brings batt powers down..:dunno: so what's right? and what's not?
 

Zerstorer

Senior Member
Jul 8, 2002
3,437
0
0
#18
yanyewkay said:
store in fridge (not freezer) or wine chiller to simulate the cool climate? I read about this method over the net but never really tried it. Another conflicting info I read is that cold temperature brings batt powers down..:dunno: so what's right? and what's not?
No contradiction here.

Lower temps will slow down the chemical processes.
Hence lower temps are beneficial for storage(to slow self-discharge), but detrimental during usage(lesser charge available due to reduced reactions).
 

denniskee

Senior Member
Oct 26, 2003
5,468
2
0
bukit batok
Visit site
#19
TMC said:
Unused and charged, regular rechargeable AAs lose their entire charge over a 1 year period. Eneloops are supposed to be able to hold at least 85% of their charge only over the same period when left unused.

Better performance in colder temperatures, but I dun think that matters to SGreans.
so does it means that it is not going out perform those rated at 2500mAh and higher with condition that there is no problem with the battery and it is performing as it should be?

i am asking this because some statement here seems to tell the reverse (given my limit english). or it is just me misunderstanding the statement?:sweatsm:
 

TMC

Senior Member
Sep 4, 2004
6,321
0
0
Beyond Space-Time Continuum
#20
Current eneloops are only at 2000mAh. IIRC. They are so confident about the extremely low self discharge rate, that they are selling them charged. so you can use them directly then recharge them later.

In cold weather, near or sub zero degree weather, the eneloops should perform better than than their 2100mAh counterparts. 2500 and 2700s I am not sure how they will fare.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom