Sanyo 2500 problem -can exchange?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymrat76

May 10, 2004
Hi,

Remember a friend mentioning that a cartain batch of this battery had problems with maintaining a charge, and I think I may have bought from that batch recently. After loading a fully charged battery into the camera (digicam), I tried using the camera 1-2 weeks later only to find the battery has been depleted after 2-3 shots! I have another set used for my SB-800,. even after 4 months of not being used, I can still use the flash.

1. How do I identify this problematic batch (i.e. serial number)
2. Where can I get it exchanged? (BTW I bought it from Cathy Photo a few months ago)

The bad ones were from last year. Mine were Feb 05. Contact sanyo at 68392334.

Yes, call up Sanyo, they're very good about exchanging batteries if yours have a problem. They'll likely ask you to fully charge them, slow charge, 2 days before bringing in, so they can test them when you're there. Calling them first, rather than just turning up, may help ensure they have replacement batteries available when you're there ...

Do a search on AhV's thread, it's a bit long, but more info is there.

OK thx... sigh.. gotta go through more hassle of getting them changed. When buying the batteries, I actually asked the guy from CP whether there was a chance that this was from the defective batch and the guy just said "no problem, these are all new!"... :confused:

Anyway, thx for the reply. Will give them a call tomorrow. Cheers

05-05 onward batch should be ok.

u can bring them down to let them check. call them before u go.

u can try to charge your batt full, then leave it for 1 week. if it lost charge after a week something is wrong, coz the sales tell me can retain charge for a month.

btw, long time no see u

quekky said:
u can bring them down to let them check. call them before u go.

u can try to charge your batt full, then leave it for 1 week. if it lost charge after a week something is wrong, coz the sales tell me can retain charge for a month.

btw, long time no see u

OK thx. Will give them a call and see ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.