Sanyo 1850mAh NiMH and 128mb SMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweek

Jan 17, 2002
East
www.weekai.com
Hi, reporting price for some items I bought today from AP.

Sanyo Rechargeable NiMH batteries, AA size, 1850 mAh - $3.50 each

AlphaData 128mb SmartMedia card - $85

Originally posted by Tweek
Hi, reporting price for some items I bought today from AP.

Sanyo Rechargeable NiMH batteries, AA size, 1850 mAh - $3.50 each

AlphaData 128mb SmartMedia card - $85

cheap cheap!!! maybe I'll get some Sanyo batteries! :) Thanks for sharing!

I might be getting the battery also. Currently using it for my flash.

Hi,
Who should I approach for the above price in AP?
Will different salesman there give different prices or all of them offer the same price?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Prime
Hi,
Who should I approach for the above price in AP?
Will different salesman there give different prices or all of them offer the same price?

Thanks!

I don't know the name of the guy I approached, but he is one of the friendlier ones. Considered normal height, moderate length hair (ungelled), etc. Anyways if you can't find such a person, ask for Steven, you won't go wrong with him. Just say that someone bought the batts at $3.50 each and he will sell you that price. As for the SMC, song got it at $80 one day before me, maybe you will be able to get that price too.

I don't know the name of the guy I approached, but he is one of the friendlier ones. Considered normal height, moderate length hair (ungelled), etc. Anyways if you can't find such a person, ask for Steven, you won't go wrong with him. Just say that someone bought the batts at $3.50 each and he will sell you that price. As for the SMC, song got it at $80 one day before me, maybe you will be able to get that price too.

Thanks for your reply!

Just consolidated friend's orders and bought 20 pieces of the Sanyo 1850mAH batteries from Steven. Was $3.80 but we managed to bargain it down to $3.50. :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Regards
CK

Hi,

On a tip-off, I took a closer look at the battery:

1. Wrong colour - it's of a different green as my other Sanyo batteries.

2. Sanyo brands their NiMH batteries "Twicell". This wasn't present on the 1850mAh ones.

3. The Model # on the 1850mAh batteries is : HR-3U. A quick check on their website reveals that it's actually a 1600mAh battery, with a typical rating of 1700mAh (1600mAh minimum).

:(

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang
Hi,

On a tip-off, I took a closer look at the battery:

1. Wrong colour - it's of a different green as my other Sanyo batteries.

2. Sanyo brands their NiMH batteries "Twicell". This wasn't present on the 1850mAh ones.

3. The Model # on the 1850mAh batteries is : HR-3U. A quick check on their website reveals that it's actually a 1600mAh battery, with a typical rating of 1700mAh (1600mAh minimum).

:(

Regards
CK

Sanyo did not cheat us. Twincell HR-3U is 1700mah but sanyo HR-3u is 1850mah. Note the 1850mah is not from the twincell family.

real or not, I'm charging my batts now, will be using them for a friend's ROM this Thursday. If they last long enough to satisfy me, that's good enough! :D

real or not, I'm charging my batts now, will be using them for a friend's ROM this Thursday. If they last long enough to satisfy me, that's good enough! :D

if it is first charge, double charge it

Originally posted by song

if it is first charge, double charge it

What's double charge? Me also got 4 pieces at $3.50 frm AP 2day.

Originally posted by sneezybum

What's double charge? Me also got 4 pieces at $3.50 frm AP 2day.

Charge it twice before using your batteries.

Originally posted by Goondu

Charge it twice before using your batteries.

After first charge, the batteries should be almost full charge. If charge for another time before discharging, won't the @nd charge be very fast? My guess is that it would be over in a couple of minutes. Me using oly charger BU-200

Originally posted by sneezybum

After first charge, the batteries should be almost full charge. If charge for another time before discharging, won't the @nd charge be very fast? My guess is that it would be over in a couple of minutes. Me using oly charger BU-200

Actually by the time the intelligent sense that the batt is full, it would be about 1/2 hr.

For new batt, the voltage drop very quicky after the first charge and cannot hold. So by double charging, we could minimise the voltage drop. Otherwise, drain the first charge then charge again before any serious use.

Can some experts confirm why need to double charge for first time charge of new batt?

I got this advise from batt shop in SLT

Tweek! Don't use newly bought batteries for important assignments. NiMH batteries need a few recharge cycles before reaching their full potential.

If I'm not wrong, my Sanyo batteries last 50% longer after several rounds of recharging compared to the initial charge.

thanks for the advice, song and mpenza. I've completed a charge-discharge-charge cycle on the batts (good that my charger has a discharge function), will still be using them for the ROM cuz I still have the GP 1800mAh as backup, so should be quite safe. :)

good opportunity to use your 285HV :) enjoy the session!

some little tips: be the first to enter the room (to take pics of your friends entering) and go out when the ceremony's over (to take them coming out :) ).

Status
Not open for further replies.