Bought it from AP yst at $6x.

Include :
1) Charger
2) AC adapter
3) AC cord
4) Car charger
5) 4 * 2500

Looks like a good deal to me. Will try it out later

its a good deal, but i m worried abt sanyo batts....just look at the sanyo replacements thread u will know liao

I think the batteries should not have any major problem.
For those who change theirs with AhV didnt have much problem too

Am sticky to Sanyo cos I did an MO sometimes back. Happen to pass by AP and bought it w/o further thinking

Didnt choose the varta 15mins cos the charger only works with their own IC3 batteries (2100Ni-Mh). An hour with other brand of batteries
Also it does not come with a car charger.

As for Sony .. I only like PSP and PS2
Will post some reviews after I tried it

I do not have any affiliation with Sanyo

Just charge the 4pcs of 2500batteries that came with the charger.
It took about 13mins to complete charging

Battery feels abit hot to my liking though this was stated in the instruction manual.
Theres a 5*5cm fan fixed to the charger to cool the batteries down.
Personally feel the fan is MORE noisy than my CPU fan

will test them tml .. if i am free

The normal 'quick' charger I have takes about 4 bloody hours to fully charge the batteries.

hazmee said:
The normal 'quick' charger I have takes about 4 bloody hours to fully charge the batteries.

Ha ha.. ever try the old GP charger? It took 14~15 hrs to charge 4 AA batteries:sweat:

is this charger equipt w discharging function?

what do you guys think?

is it important to have the discharge function?

surge said:
is it important to have the discharge function?

read from somewhere.....some chargers let you discharge the batteries before charging. Discharge is only necessary for NiCd batteries. NiCd batteries suffer from 'memory'. If you charge a NiCd battery when only partially discharged, the battery will remember this level and may not charge fully afterward. So it required to be reconditioned with discharge. The Ni-MH battery has no 'memory' problem...

ah this one pumps about 5.7A of current into each battery..
i use it only when there's no other choice.

this charger doesnt come with the discharge funciton.

I suppose using this charger will also shorten your battery life.
Will use them during last min shoot or outing ..

Actually all Nickel batteries, be it Cadmium or Metal Hydride, have a condition, commonly known as the "memory effect", just that it is much less suceptible in the case of Metal Hydride as compared to Cadmium batteries. A discharge of the Nickel Metal Hydride batteries once in a month or two should give the batteries optimium performance.

I suppose the batteries get pretty hot during charging using the 15 min charger, do they? Good thing it has a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.