Sandisk ExtremeIII on 20D

Status
Not open for further replies.

NE clicks clicks

Dec 5, 2005
Hi fellow CSers,

Do not know this issue have been asked before, if so my apology.
Want to get a new CF card for my 20D. Has always been using Ultra II.
Wonder if 20D is compatible with an Extreme III. Looking thru the 20D manual doesn't seems to have any mention of it.
Kind of curious how much better it is . Willing to pay the $40plus difference in price if it does.

Anybody out there has given this combo a try? please enlighten me on this. Thanks in advance:)

Honestly, I don't really know. Just trying to play it safe. Doesn't wants to spend a couple of hundreds dollars and ended up with something than don't give me any obvious advantage or worst compatibilty problem. Just like the USB1.0 USB2.0 stuff.

mpenza said:
the manual won't be able to mention Extreme III which was launched quite a while later after 20D ;p

from Rob Galbraith's database, Extreme III didn't offer much of an advantage over the Ultra II though:
http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007-7303

Thanks for the info, in that case I will stick with buying another Ultra II.

NE clicks clicks said:
Thanks for the info, in that case I will stick with buying another Ultra II.

Hi,

I use a 1Gb UltraIII with my 350D.

I can't noticeably tell the difference between the Ultra II. However, I am sure there is.

I shoot in "Raw" and also continueous shots. May be there's the advantage. Faster?? More frames buffer?? So far no disadvantage in using the III.

Any way I bought it during one of the many IP shows. It cost just over $180.00.

Get one. You could use it when you up grade your camera too.

epo

epo said:
Hi,

I use a 1Gb UltraIII with my 350D.

I can't noticeably tell the difference between the Ultra II. However, I am sure there is.

I shoot in "Raw" and also continueous shots. May be there's the advantage. Faster?? More frames buffer?? So far no disadvantage in using the III.

Any way I bought it during one of the many IP shows. It cost just over $180.00.

Get one. You could use it when you up grade your camera too.

epo

Thanks for the info, will check out the Ultra III as well in that case. No harm knowing more and widen my options :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.