SanDisk Extreme III 4GB Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oly5050

Feb 1, 2005
My less than 3 month old Sandisk III 4GB seems to be running into problems. I had only taken about 50 shots in Raw and then it stopped working. The screen just shows CF card full when I know it is not. I have downloaded the pics and they look OK still. But the card still shows full in the camera. I did an in-camera format of the card and now seems to be OK. Should I bring it to Sandisk? How is their support like? I have used Ridata, SanDisk and Lexar. And this is the first time a CF card has given me problems.

I think bring back to Sandisk?I'm using same card as you,used in my aunt's E-500 and now my E-510,both no prob,taken at least like,400 RAW files?

I thought not all cameras can support cards above 2 GB? You might want to check that.

Cheers,

are u using mac os? cos for mac, if u delete from the card u also need to clear the "trash" before u take out the card. if not then the card shows "0 items" but in actual fact, everythings is still inside - and taking up space. formatting will clear out everything so you ll be able to shoot to the expected "full" capacity again. happens to me quite alot. dun think its yr card problem. just rem to clear out the trash before u remove card. =)

Not using Mac.

And the 510 can use up to 8GB cards.

I have a total of 2 x 4 GB sandisk and have taken more than 1000 - 2000 images. So this is not a problem on a virgin untested card.

My less than 3 month old Sandisk III 4GB seems to be running into problems. I had only taken about 50 shots in Raw and then it stopped working. The screen just shows CF card full when I know it is not. I have downloaded the pics and they look OK still. But the card still shows full in the camera. I did an in-camera format of the card and now seems to be OK. Should I bring it to Sandisk? How is their support like? I have used Ridata, SanDisk and Lexar. And this is the first time a CF card has given me problems.

I'm using the same card for my Canon 40D, still working well, although less than 3 months.
Pray it's fine..
Btw, I used it straight away without any formatting. Is it ok or not?

If I got it from harvey norman, do I have to convince or to show them what is wrong. I fear that this may be one of those intermittent problem thing. Anyway, I used it again after formatting, and after about 100+ shots, I guess, it locked up again and I had to switch to my xD card in camera. Thank god for dual cards in the 510.

I'm using the same card as u for my 10D but i got 'Err 99' instead once when i was shooting over 1200 jpegs during one of the days of the Super Import Nights.

Solution? Off and on the cam, and it's back to normal. Fortunately all my pics are saved and after a reformat, it's ok already.

U might want to do a full reformat in your computer in FAT and try again.

I'm using the same card as u for my 10D but i got 'Err 99' instead once when i was shooting over 1200 jpegs during one of the days of the Super Import Nights.

Solution? Off and on the cam, and it's back to normal. Fortunately all my pics are saved and after a reformat, it's ok already.

U might want to do a full reformat in your computer in FAT and try again.

Err99...lucky you...my Err99 made me send the camera back to Canon...they told me they will change a shutter unit for me...after using the 400D for 1mth 3days...

Err99...lucky you...my Err99 made me send the camera back to Canon...they told me they will change a shutter unit for me...after using the 400D for 1mth 3days...

For me i've changed my shutter unit around May this year and have since clocked another few thousand counts. Fortunately, the error 99 didn't cause any trouble since it's my first time experiencing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.