Sandisk cut prices 20%

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
off all places, I read about this from Bloomberg.....

SanDisk Drops

SanDisk Corp., whose shares surged threefold last year, plunged $3.69 to $28.82. The world's biggest maker of flash- memory cards for consumer electronics cut prices 20 percent as a ``preemptive'' move to drive demand because its cards aren't selling fast enough, Chief Executive Eliyahou Harari said yesterday.

Shares of rival Lexar Media Inc. lost $1.20 to $15.85.

adamadam

Feb 9, 2004
Perth
www.flickr.com
I knew I should have bought those shares!

So now, we can get cheaper memory cards? When will we see this price drops in the shops?

Apr 19, 2003
www.jinyinmo.com
Heeeheeeeheeee.

I just got new Sandisk stock from the local agent. I couldn't believe my eyes. :heart:

In some cases, there was more than 20% reduction in prices!

Then again, this is more than I can tell you. :cool:

But this is a good time for look forward to lowered prices for Sandisk products!

Apr 19, 2003
www.jinyinmo.com
The shipment for the most of the goods have yet to arrive in Singapore. ETA next week.

Most likely, you'll see the prices going down from next week onwards.

But... I did managed to let go a SanDisk UltraII SD 512MB at a decent price. PM me to find out.

Apr 19, 2003
www.jinyinmo.com
In the US, you can get the Ultra II 1Gb CF for US$200, which works out to about S$340. In Singapore, prices are about $500. A week ago Amazon was selling the Ultra II 512Mb for US$82, or S$140. The price difference is a bit too much, even 20% drop in Sing prices also not enough.

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
I might bring in some Sandisk Extreme 1GB CF to sell at $480 (comes with US warranty, meaning you could send to US for replacement). pm me if interested. The shop I'm ordering from didn't have a good deal for Ultra II though.

Amazon's prices has gone up a bit a few days ago. Ultra II 512MB is going for ~US$110-120. Also, some shops that sell cheap does not accept Singapore credit card or ship to Singapore :(

Simon

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
ClubSNAP
simon.clubsnap.org
mpenza said:
I might bring in some Sandisk Extreme 1GB CF to sell at $480 (comes with US warranty, meaning you could send to US for replacement). pm me if interested. The shop I'm ordering from didn't have a good deal for Ultra II though.

Amazon's prices has gone up a bit a few days ago. Ultra II 512MB is going for ~US$110-120. Also, some shops that sell cheap does not accept Singapore credit card or ship to Singapore :(
I would strongly advise those who are going for SPEED and are willing to pay abit more to wait for a few more days....... LEXAR 1GB Compact Flash 80X MO coming soon...... with Local warranty...........

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
Thanks Simon. That would be a great (even though my camera now can't make use of the extra speed) :) Hopefully the price is good (Lexars are much more expensive in the States). I'll put off purchase of the Extreme then ;p

centrino

Mar 3, 2004
www.pbase.com
mpenza said:
Thanks Simon. That would be a great (even though my camera now can't make use of the extra speed) :) Hopefully the price is good (Lexars are much more expensive in the States). I'll put off purchase of the Extreme then ;p
Hi mind to share why some camera cannot make use of the highspeed?
any url for more info?
Thanks! :)

hewmf

Sep 28, 2003
Visit site
It's been a week or two. Any news whether prices have dropped???

yamcake

Aug 11, 2003
so what the prices now??? interested in getting the 256mb ultra..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom