San Francisco

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Priscilla

maybe going ard May/June... not confirmed yet... anyone going?

Any places good for shoots?

:)

I am going next week!! yay!!

Places to shoot:-
1. Golden Gate Bridge
2. Fishermans Wharf & Pier 39
3. Chinatown
4. Around the city centre - guarantee can take a lot of drunks/homeless people

errrr.... dunno anywhere else... :p

Originally posted by Darren
I am going next week!! yay!!

Places to shoot:-
1. Golden Gate Bridge
2. Fishermans Wharf & Pier 39
3. Chinatown
4. Around the city centre - guarantee can take a lot of drunks/homeless people

errrr.... dunno anywhere else... :p

So fast ar... next week? How much u pay for the air ticket? How long u gonna stay there?

errr... going on company business :p
going on 22nd Jan and coming back 2nd Feb ~ 10 days or so.

the ticket says $1800 but i think the actual price is lower. and i used my KrisFlyer miles to upgrade to Biz Class -- aahhhh..... shiok. :D

errr... going on company business :p
going on 22nd Jan and coming back 2nd Feb ~ 10 days or so.

the ticket says $1800 but i think the actual price is lower. and i used my KrisFlyer miles to upgrade to Biz Class -- aahhhh..... shiok. :D

me juz wanna buy the ticket to US only... lodging is free for me...
juz wondering how much will it be for the economy class for SQ...
Heard from one of frenz is $888?

theres a promotion on by Northwest Airlines (saw it advertised in Today and Streats) - $699 for return ticket to San Francisco/Los Angeles/New York.

Offer good until end-January (must book ticket by then) can travel between now and end-May i think.

Check with a travel agent or surf on down to NWA SG website to get more details.

Originally posted by Priscilla
maybe going ard May/June... not confirmed yet... anyone going?

Any places good for shoots?

:)

Lots! too many to list here, but to get to a lot of nice spots, it is essential to be free to move around, or drive around.....dunno if u're going with a tour, that could hamper freedom of movement.......also be warned that it's not a very safe city, esp at night.......so always be very vigilant. Carry a monopod if possible :p

Golden Gate Bridge (of coz! and from different angles and at different times of the day, if possible)

Bay Bridge (has underground tunnel, different from Golden Gate)

Union Square - for street photgraphy, and of coz, for you girls i suppose, shopping :p (Macy's is a good place to start.......). Try to get a pic of smoke coming out of those manholes at night - effect should be nice, esp if u can catch the colors of a police car siren in the background.....

Alcatraz - if u can get a ferry tour of this legendary island prison...

China Town is also good. the last time i was there, there was a street demonstration.....

Fisherman's Wharf - must see. Try to catch the seals there by the Wharf as well! Also, the sea food there is very nice........

The electric trams moving around the city....a must.....if nothing to show that u've been to San Frans :)

Lots of pics of the sloping roads - esp one very winding and curving road going steeply downhill - sorry can't remember the name of that street, but it's a very famous street....curves and winds VERY VERY steeply downhill, with beautiful private homes lining the side of the road. Buy a tourist picture book when u reached there and usually they will show this road in the pics.....

The sloping roads, with cars parked in ridiculous positions....the houses built along uphill and downhill roads......those 4 way intersections where one road leads uphill, the other one leads downhill etc etc......

If you have time, try to go to Sausalito. A small little town reachable by driving across the Golden Gate bridge - there's a restaurant there called the Alta Mira Hotel and Restaurant which serves very nice crab omelette. (*slurp*) More importantly, from the top of this hotel / restaurant, there's a very nice view of the city of San Francisco, Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz.

wah...pris, nice photo for your avatar ar??

hehehe

how come all look so different from your group photo one??

:p

Originally posted by dragos
wah...pris, nice photo for your avatar ar??

hehehe

how come all look so different from your group photo one??

:p

All these are studios photos la... :) of cuz look different lah...

Originally posted by Red Dawn

Lots! too many to list here, but to get to a lot of nice spots, it is essential to be free to move around, or drive around.....dunno if u're going with a tour, that could hamper freedom of movement.......also be warned that it's not a very safe city, esp at night.......so always be very vigilant. Carry a monopod if possible :p

Golden Gate Bridge (of coz! and from different angles and at different times of the day, if possible)

Bay Bridge (has underground tunnel, different from Golden Gate)

Union Square - for street photgraphy, and of coz, for you girls i suppose, shopping :p (Macy's is a good place to start.......). Try to get a pic of smoke coming out of those manholes at night - effect should be nice, esp if u can catch the colors of a police car siren in the background.....

Alcatraz - if u can get a ferry tour of this legendary island prison...

China Town is also good. the last time i was there, there was a street demonstration.....

Fisherman's Wharf - must see. Try to catch the seals there by the Wharf as well! Also, the sea food there is very nice........

The electric trams moving around the city....a must.....if nothing to show that u've been to San Frans :)

Lots of pics of the sloping roads - esp one very winding and curving road going steeply downhill - sorry can't remember the name of that street, but it's a very famous street....curves and winds VERY VERY steeply downhill, with beautiful private homes lining the side of the road. Buy a tourist picture book when u reached there and usually they will show this road in the pics.....

The sloping roads, with cars parked in ridiculous positions....the houses built along uphill and downhill roads......those 4 way intersections where one road leads uphill, the other one leads downhill etc etc......

If you have time, try to go to Sausalito. A small little town reachable by driving across the Golden Gate bridge - there's a restaurant there called the Alta Mira Hotel and Restaurant which serves very nice crab omelette. (*slurp*) More importantly, from the top of this hotel / restaurant, there's a very nice view of the city of San Francisco, Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz.

Wow...so much too shoot!! If i could go...probably shoot more than 20 rolls...hahaha!! Didnt know its so interesting!
Red...u regular traveller to states?

Been to SF twice... once in Winter and once Summer...
beautfiful place... tons of photo opportunity

the problem with Alcatraz is the level of fog... one minute its ok next minute you wont see it but a nice tour nevertheless

you'll enjoy yourself Pris... probably second best place in States for food (close tie with New Orleans IMO), after New York

problem with SF is be careful where you walk... tenderloin is definitely the place to avoid... I was touring the SF library during my working trip (very nice architecture half of the building is modernist while the other half is classical design) and then took a wrong turn and wandered into tenderloin (a short cut to Union Square)... man very bad neighborhood and in broad daylight as well.

just be street smart.... don feel comfortable... turn around and walk back where you started.. The tourism centre there is a good place to get information on routes, things you must see etc... make use of it, they are fantastic.

ohhh since you are in SF, do take the BART (MRT) and visit Berkeley University. Very nice place especially the campus shops, nice pizza, second hand shops with books, records, clothes etc... you will love it.

anyway do enjoy yourself and show us your nice pictures...:gbounce:

Wah so many people going. Myself, I went for 2 weeks over christmas and new year :) Drove my frens Honda Prelude (2.3l) when there. Not as fun as the Ford Mustang 3.6 V6 I drove in 2000 and because its VTEC, you must rev really high to get torque.

Also visited the SFMOMA 'Ansel Adams 100 years' exhibition. Queued for 1 hour to get in :)
Berkeley is so-so in the Winter, visited another fren studying there.

Originally posted by erwinx
Wah so many people going.
Also visited the SFMOMA 'Ansel Adams 100 years' exhibition. Queued for 1 hour to get in :)
Berkeley is so-so in the Winter, visited another fren studying there.

me not going to SF, this year is Asia theme travel for me, doing lots of Malaysia, Thailand, Japan, HK and Taiwan (cant decide on Vietnam and Cambodia)

btw you lucky chap... Ansel Adams Exhbition!!!! you got any photos to share on that... wished I could go but work commitment means that I cannot be away for more than 5 days

Originally posted by Priscilla

All these are studios photos la... :) of cuz look different lah...

Hi pris, how long have you been into photography?

Originally posted by nutz

Hi pris, how long have you been into photography?

Only for a few months... Juz bought my cam ard Dec. :)

theres a promotion on by Northwest Airlines (saw it advertised in Today and Streats) - $699 for return ticket to San Francisco/Los Angeles/New York.

Offer good until end-January (must book ticket by then) can travel between now and end-May i think.

Check with a travel agent or surf on down to NWA SG website to get more details.

you can check out this site, there's some promotion going on

www.dinerstravel.com.sg

Status
Not open for further replies.