San Diego

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon

Jan 18, 2002
Might be going to San Diego next mth for work. Any travelling tips or advice? Read that the zoo is one of the best in the world. Where else should I go if I can afford the time? Thanks in advance for any input.

Might be going to San Diego next mth for work. Any travelling tips or advice? Read that the zoo is one of the best in the world. Where else should I go if I can afford the time? Thanks in advance for any input.

If you are into military stuff you can visit the carrier USS Midway. http://www.midway.org/site/pp.asp?c=coIMKTMCF&b=81432

1. legoland
2. sea world
3. balboa park
4. cross to mexico - but be very careful

Thanks for the input so far.

Is the zoo very simliar to our zoo such that it is not worth going?

Thanks for the input so far.

Is the zoo very simliar to our zoo such that it is not worth going?

The San Diego zoo is wonderful. Absolutely worth a trip.

Mexico is great for a weekend, but do becareful of pick pockets and alike.

Definately go out to Hotel Del Coronado, a landmark, their equivalent of the Raffles, though not as luxurious.

If you are driving, head out to the desert. For a weekend, definately try to make it to Joshua Tree National Park.

La Jolla is very nice seaside town.

And eat Mexican food.

Been to the zoo, different from the Singapore Zoo, but it is still a zoo. I found it pretty boring.

Balboa Park is great but parking is a pain. La Jolla great bars, restaurants and shopping. Great place to wander and waste time.

Tijuana is pretty cool, cheap booze, cheap ...well everything. But just be careful or your surroundings.

Sea World is definitely worth going, if you do have more time an hour drive up north might be worth doing to check out Anahiem, Disney World and the other theme parks out there.

So many places but I think I at most have only a weekend for sightseeing. :sweat:

I would recommend Sea World, at least its something different from what we have here. The Orca (killer whale) show is amazing. You can be adventurous & sit in the front soak zones ;) I took a guided tour and they brought us to the back areas of the park which was quite nice.

As some said, La Jolla (pronounced as Hoya) is a nice place. The walk at night is nice.

For me, whale watching sounded exciting but after a 1.5 hour boat ride out, we managed to see some whale fins protruding 30cm above the water. Nothing like the photos in the brochure of gigantic fins extending beyond the height of the boat. Didn't enjoy it.

Food?
Definitely authentic Mexican food. Order the Large Margarita. It comes in a cup the size of a huge fish bowl.

I've not tried many restaurants but one of the ones i like is a chain called "Claim Jumpers". Its a gold mining theme type of restaurant. Something different too. What differentiates this place is the size of the servings - huge! A full rack of ribs is about40cm long. A slice of choc cake is really one slice, but about 7 inch thick :eek:

for photo op, go to Balboa Park or La Jolla (you might meet Ken Rockwell there :thumbsup: )

Been to the zoo, different from the Singapore Zoo, but it is still a zoo. I found it pretty boring.

Balboa Park is great but parking is a pain. La Jolla great bars, restaurants and shopping. Great place to wander and waste time.

Tijuana is pretty cool, cheap booze, cheap ...well everything. But just be careful or your surroundings.

Sea World is definitely worth going, if you do have more time an hour drive up north might be worth doing to check out Anahiem, Disney World and the other theme parks out there.

park near the airplane museum ..... never had problems about parking there. Used to jog there.

where do you stay ? walk around downtown is quite nice ..

The San Diego zoo is wonderful. Absolutely worth a trip.

Mexico is great for a weekend, but do becareful of pick pockets and alike.

Definately go out to Hotel Del Coronado, a landmark, their equivalent of the Raffles, though not as luxurious.

If you are driving, head out to the desert. For a weekend, definately try to make it to Joshua Tree National Park.

La Jolla is very nice seaside town.

And eat Mexican food.

Is there any where you have'nt been? haha

where do you stay ? walk around downtown is quite nice ..

Should be at Holiday Inn in San Diego - National City.

Status
Not open for further replies.