Samyang 14mm F2.8 UMC (Rokinon version)

WITANZA

Aug 3, 2010
Great World City
Hi guys, just would like to share my experience with Rokinon 14mm F2.8

I shot using K-7 with f 5.6 most of the time and you know what, despite manual lens, I just set the aperture to 5.6 with focusing ring to infinity, I can get excellent shots without buffer time to adjust the auto focus, hehehe.... Just see it if you don't believe me :)

All without PP and shot in around 9am

_IGP8220_1.JPG

Around 100% crop (sorry could not really get the exact crop, since I dun really know how to crop it at exact 100%)
_IGP8220.JPG

_IGP8263.JPG

With the updated UMC, flare won't be a problem unless you do it on purpose like this
_IGP8074.JPG

Conclusion: This Rokinon truly shines and it always has a place inside inside my bag. Before I purchased it, my only options are pentax 15mm, sigma 10-20 and rokinon 14mm. One thing for sure, I don't regret buying this lens, coz it is cheaper, faster (f2.8) with great to excellent IQ; even though the only drawbacks are hefty distortion and manual focus

Thanks for viewing

Last edited:
Another pictures
_IGP8273.JPG

Around 100% crop
_IGP8273_1.JPG

_IGP8261_1.JPG

Around 100% crop
_IGP8261.JPG

Last edited:
No prob, it is a pleasure to review the uncommon lens and help others to know the capability of the lens :)

the colours are so warm! Not to my liking.
I purposely used the 'shade' white balance coz it was in the early morning, so I need the warmth color to add on the mood, I did try to use the auto white balance, make it a cold blue but turned up no good for this shot :)