Samyang 14mm f/2.8 Field Test - Amazing Sharpness and IQ !

Can anybody post a f2.8 shot? Bright daylight also ok, no need to be low-light. No need to be 100%, but say 2000x1200 thereabouts would be nice. Thanks.

I don't suggest that. As Samyang don't have a service centre in SG, it be difficult if something is wrong with the lens. I personally recommend Sgcamerastore, as they would offer their help to me if something is wrong with the lens, pls do see, Samyang is not the same as Canon. In HK, as long u buy one with I.Warranty, u r safe, but Samyang is different.

sgcamerastore selling 750 SGD! wad a big difference in price!

sgcamerastore selling 750 SGD! wad a big difference in price!
Right now they have a pre order for this Samyang 14mm f/2.8 at SGD 580.00

Is there a big difference ?

errr.... some info on where to get this lens locally or elsewhere or pricing is OK but no aggressive 'advertising' can ?

errr.... some info on where to get this lens locally or elsewhere or pricing is OK but no aggressive 'advertising' can ?

sure, but I am shocked that this lens is going at a super low price ! I got mine at SGD 699 previously.

Right now they have a pre order for this Samyang 14mm f/2.8 at SGD 580.00

Is there a big difference ?

odyssey-boy. pardon me for asking... sgcamerastore is having a pre-order promotion for 580??? cos i saw on it website was 750. If wad u are saying is true i better give them a call tml!

i've just deleted 2 posts from a wannabe 'parallel importer'..... the next deletes will be accompanied by infractions ...... want to advertise? No problem..... Please sign up as a Clubsnap Advertiser or Mass Seller...

Please read Guidelines above ..... Point #16

Last edited:
i've just deleted 2 posts from a wannabe 'parallel importer'..... the next deletes will be accompanied by infractions ...... want to advertise? No problem..... Please sign up as a Clubsnap Advertiser or Mass Seller...

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

odyssey-boy. pardon me for asking... sgcamerastore is having a pre-order promotion for 580??? cos i saw on it website was 750. If wad u are saying is true i better give them a call tml!

yes, they are having a sale on. but i am not 100% sure as I am not affiliated to them. I am just a regular customer who visit that shop for poison and lighting equipments.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

So does anyone know if someone has made a lightroom 3 profile for correcting the wavy barrel distortion on this guy?

Ditto. especially for existing users. anyone ?

The brick wall test shot online looked obvious, of course the solution is not to be a brick wall shooter, but i'd imagine some buildings with much lines running at the edges might appear wavy .. slightly ..

Ryan

Sorry if this sound silly.
Is this lens suitable for talking photo without tripod? A bit concern if still able to use relative fast shuttle speed if set to f8

Sorry if this sound silly.
Is this lens suitable for talking photo without tripod? A bit concern if still able to use relative fast shuttle speed if set to f8

That you gotta depends on the lighting conditions of the situation. If you taking with flash and for group photo, i don't think so it should be a problem.

Ditto. especially for existing users. anyone ?

The brick wall test shot online looked obvious, of course the solution is not to be a brick wall shooter, but i'd imagine some buildings with much lines running at the edges might appear wavy .. slightly ..

Ryan

hope this is useful.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/samyang_14mm/discuss/72157624414467540/
http://www.flickr.com/groups/14/discuss/72157625747467785/

more here:
http://www.google.com.sg/#hl=en&sou...g+14mm&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&fp=2edb891a2aa2a2cf

TS, do u happen to have Lightroom... maybe can try out for us :D

Been using this lense for a week on my d700 n the manual focus brings a whole new perspective to practising photography.

*note, posted this in wrong thread on fisheye yesterday...iphone4 screen too small:embrass:*

Overall a very good product for the price and width it gives me :thumbsup:

_DSC3587.jpg

can I check if this len got 2 version? how to differentiate it?