Samsung Vs Iphone

google

Deregistered
May 18, 2011
Hi Guys,

I am thinking of getting a new phone ...

I am looking at Samsung actually ....

Anybody got any comments?

My budget about $600 +/-

Buy from the shelves, not signing any contract.

600+ won't get you an Iphone w/o contract, the cheapest Iphone starts from 748 from the apple store off contract...

Last edited:
The Mobile Phones section is for member to show case their pictures taken with mobile phones and not for discussing what phone to purchase. Thread moved to KPT.

Get the Gooapple phone from ebay.
Best of the features of IOS and Android.

What is a Gooapple phone??

I just need a soild phone ... can call, can take simple picture .... and most importantly can have GPS ....
cause everytime i drive, i am like a blind man on the road.

I need GPS.

Now using the Nokia N97 .... my baby bang and bang my phone until want to come apart ...
It's also high time as it is close to 2 years ....

I am thinking of i phone 5 .... but so far like no news ...
a bit expensive and i heard a lot of unfriendless towards other phone.

My friend ask me to consider Samsung phone .... like not bad also wor ~

If i buy Samsung phone .... which one will you all advice ???

Suggest you go hardware zone to read up.
Should have more info there.

Galaxy S I-9003 pretty decent for my usage.
I've heard Samsung GPS not so good, but I don't use mine.

If you need GPS for turn-by-turn navigation, probably a dedicated GPS device will be better...

I use maps (using a Galaxy S) for directions and bus stops, but I wouldn't recommend it for navigation. Locking takes forever and gets lost easily (personally, for me). Although it's fun tracing your route when you do get a lock.

Better to get one gps then one nokia phone (can call and quite cheap, can take pics no problem). Sure can fit $600.

Else.. Dunno the garmin asus phone can or not? Dunno how much.

If you need GPS for turn-by-turn navigation, probably a dedicated GPS device will be better...

I use maps (using a Galaxy S) for directions and bus stops, but I wouldn't recommend it for navigation. Locking takes forever and gets lost easily (personally, for me). Although it's fun tracing your route when you do get a lock.

The SGS GPS problem is resolved in Android 2.3.3. Mine now lock fast even without mobile network or wifi assist.

The SGS GPS problem is resolved in Android 2.3.3. Mine now lock fast even without mobile network or wifi assist.

I also noticed the improved locking. But I still wouldn't use it as a primary GPS device for tbt navigation. Might be just me though. :embrass:

iphones is for Aunties, Samsung is for Geeks.

which group are you?

alantkh said:
iphones is for Aunties, Samsung is for Geeks.

which group are you?

In what way is iPhone for aunties?

I dun want to have too many things around me ...

I just want a phone when i am driving ...

Actually, my car battery already used up for a in car camera .... so cannot charge another device (GPS)

Heard from Ziploc that its locking is now fast, i guess Samsung really pick up in technology.

I dun want to have too many things around me ...

I just want a phone when i am driving ...

Actually, my car battery already used up for a in car camera .... so cannot charge another device (GPS)

Heard from Ziploc that its locking is now fast, i guess Samsung really pick up in technology.

The SGS GPS problem is not due to the hardware but firmware. Samsung Galaxy S series has excellent hardware. The GPS issue is definitely resolved in SGS II.

This video might interest you: :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGXK4jKN_jY

More info:
http://www.google.com/mobile/navigation/
http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/28/google-adds-free-turn-by-turn-navigation-car-dock-ui-to-android/

Last edited:
just now saw a female colleague,
using galaxy S.

Tried out her GPS, funny . . . No voice one lei !!

This is a problem for me if driving.

using galaxy S.

Yes that's why hp gps is not suitable really for car use. Google Maps can have voice navigation though, it will be available on Google Maps Navigation soon, which is in beta testing now. See the links I pasted above.

using galaxy S.

haha same also.. no gps i think i will never get to the place i wanted to go,,,

-emo-

Hi all, currently I am using the iPhone GPS app from Sygic. So far so good, got voice point turn navigation. Used it before to drive up to Puchong and KL. There's a new version of the software with 3D routes and buildings.

Yea Sygic is available on Android too... But once Google Maps Navigation is released there won't be any need using 3rd party paid navigation apps on the Android. :)

Last edited: