Samsung the new player in town

edsua83

Jan 31, 2010
Anyone have given a shot with the new Samsung NX series dslr? Feedbacks pls

Anyone have given a shot with the new Samsung NX series dslr? Feedbacks pls

Please do a search on this as there is another thread on this topic.And by the way,NX 10 is a MFT not DSLR:)

read that in Today. Anyone has tried it out? Looks cool...read tht it has motion sensor near the view finder such tt when 1 places his/her eye near it, live view is switched to normal view finder viewing mode..quite cool...:D

huh, the motion sensor is very common leh..... dslrs also have.

oops...haha...dinnoe it was so common...I thot it was one of the first few models with tt... still quite cool le...haha...:bsmilie:

yeah, it's a good idea.

some of the models didn't implement it properly though, and it became quite irritating, i remember reading complaints about it. can't remember why though.

oops...haha...dinnoe it was so common...I thot it was one of the first few models with tt... still quite cool le...haha...:bsmilie:

It's a few years old already...

anyway, it has a cropped sensor like many dslrs...nt 4/3... i wud think this wud be more of a trend for dslr development than 4/3..since it reduces size without decreasing sensor size...:)

This article could be interesting.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/02/mirror-less-cameras-the-death-of-dslrs/

Samsung probably will not be able to replace any of the big boys, but it could serve as a catalyst along with the 4/3s forcing the Nikons, Canons, Pentaxs, Sonys, etc to launch their own mirrorless systems. Challenge would be adapting the current lens to the new bodies which prob would have a different mount.

If the functions & IQ is similar why would I want to carry a heavier camera around ?

Imagine a small body with 2 pancake lens (hopefully 1 UWA & 1 tele) all less than 1 kg :think:

Sony is also entering the mirrorless fray. My guess is many especially the previous smaller players want to break into new playing arena with more breathing space and capacity for expansion. Pentax jumping a digital format higher.

ryan

But what does Samsung think they're doing, releasing their own camera without a decent range of lenses? I love their screens and stuff but camera kinda unconvincing lol

Most reviews seem positive.

Niether Samsung is a new payer. They had a DSLR before.

Niether Samsung is a new payer. They had a DSLR before.

Those were re-branded Pentax, I think. This one is supposedly 100% developed by Samsung.