Samsung Pro815 damn intimidating....compare to our F828

Status
Not open for further replies.

trueno

Aug 2, 2003
Visit site
Hi all,

I just read about this news from www.dpreview.com about the release of SAMSUNG Pro815.

Read on the specs and i choke to myself on every 5secs...

Samsung Pro815

samsung_pro815frontback-001.jpg

Will 3.5inch screen be the future for prosumer or the 28-420mm be the next revolution instead of megapixels?

dslr?? prosumer?? compact??

Hi SG_Me31,

8mpixel prosumer camera.
The LENs is a fixed type. (POWER-LENs for a prosumer....28-420mm,F2.2 - 4.6)

Samsung, if you have followed their development on technology, has been scary. They even have 7 mega-pixel camera phone. And to see them put their expertise into a single digicam is commendable.

Now that this monster has all the right specs, all it needs is a good review on its performance.

Time for Samsung to have their own equipment section in Clubsnap?

pianodancer said:
Time for Samsung to have their own equipment section in Clubsnap?

I think this is a bit pre-mature.

trueno said:
Hi SG_Me31,

8mpixel prosumer camera.
The LENs is a fixed type. (POWER-LENs for a prosumer....28-420mm,F2.2 - 4.6)

Since the Pro815 is using EVF it should not be consider as a DSLR...
And it is too large and capable to grade as compact...
Think it should put in the prosumer category. Unless they have a term in between..

P.S. Not all fixed lense cameras prosumer camera. Some of Oly's DSLRs comes with fixed lense.

The viewfinder is position very wierd.

the huge LCD might suck the battery dry unless they come up with a large enough capacity battery

Why are manufacturers so crazy about large LCD screens? I don't like it, because:
1) It's so big, everyone can see what you are shooting
2) It's so big, it drains battery life
3) Even if it's big, it doesn't mean it displays more details, unless it supports full-size zooming review (I think none of the digicams out there supports 1:1 review)
4) It's so big, you really need to hold the cam at arms length to shoot.
5) Its big screen is probably to target the old folks (fancy a digicam designed for the visually-challenged instead of the physically-hip?)

A large LCD may be useful if the firmware is able to display other details outside the preview frame, i.e. display a smaller live preview frame and other areas for information like histogram, exposure information, etc. Perhaps it could also display the last 3 shots at the side.

A large LCD would be really useful for the myopic to shoot without the specs.

At the end of the day, it is still the image quality that count, so it is still early day :thumbsup: But if look can kill, then this one certainly :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.